"No, you dumbass. Just let me finish." Jimin glares at him as he clears his throat. "Any ways, he lied me down on the couch and we just talked for a bit. He suddenly started touching my hair and I don't know- it just felt so soothing and-."

"Wait, hold up." Taehyung asks for a pause. "So you fell for him because he touched your hair?"

"Let him finish, hyung." Jungkook scolds and Taehyung just pouts.

"After a while, I started feeling drowsy and closed my eyes to get some sleep. But while I was doing that, I suddenly felt him move close to me and he just started whispering things. He confessed to me, about how he hasn't moved on yet and what not."

"Oh."

"I pretended to be asleep the whole time and was ready to open my eyes, but what he did next surprised and prevented me from doing so." Jimin licks his bottom lip and looks down to his fingers.

"Don't leave us hanging, hyung." Tae and Kool whine.

"He laughed, but I could tell the bitterness from his voice." Jimin sighs woefully. "Then he said he would forget his feelings for me and bury them, and I don't know, but I felt a pang in my chest when he said that." He breathes to catch his breath, clenching his sweat pants tightly.

"That's when you realized you liked him...?"

"I think it's more than like, Tae." Jimin looks at the latter with slightly glossy eyes. "I think.. I think I loved him."

Jungkook groans, his tongue poking from inside his mouth. "But it was too late for you." he concludes.

Jimin nods, placing both his hands on his face as he sighs again a tad loud. He lets his back fall on the bed. "I was too blind too. How could I have just realized it last Christmas? Why haven't I started realizing sooner when things were still fine? Why couldn't I confess when we went back to Seoul?"

Taehyung takes it as an instinct to place his hand on Jimin's arm, caressing it softly. "You shouldn't blame yourself, hyung. Sometimes, when you love someone it takes you a very long time to realize it. Besides, you're a guy who has only liked girls until Yoongi showed up. It was all new to you."

"But still, Tae-"

"Stop being so hard on yourself, Jiminie." He presses his arm a bit but not enough to hurt him. "If you do, I swear I'll ask Namjoon-hyung to break you and not in a sexual way."

Jimin grumbles, removing his hands from his face and looks over to the tan male. "Yoongi hates me now though. He probably thinks 'I've liked this kid for so long and he pushed me away. Now that I want to forget all those feelings, he says he loves me? Bullshit'."

Taehyung sighs pitifully. "Hyung, I'm sure he doesn't think that."

"How can you be so sure? I clearly saw the look in his eyes when I said those three words." Jimin says, about to tear up again. "He was... sad."

"You confessed too suddenly." Tae says, furrowing his eyebrow. "And he was sad because he liked you for so long and you only started feeling the same way and you couldn't even return it until it was too late."

Jimin looks down, shutting his eyes close. "Exactly."

It was at that moment when the other has just realized what he just said. "I didn't mean to-"

"No, you're right." the smaller states, turning away from him and from Jungkook who's been silent the whole discussion. "I guess it's true that you don't know what you have until you lose it. I lost him, guys."

___

___

thank you for 4k votes! what even-

me while writing this and the future chapters

also, i apologize for the major time skip

also, i apologize for the major time skip. i just felt like the story is getting longer than it should be and i rlly just wanna finish this book, so pls forgive me and my unworthy ass. ;;