The Magical Ball

The night of the ball has finally arrived and I'm as nervous as can be. There are still like 6 hours until it starts, but all 6 hours will be spent getting my hair and makeup done. Then the best part I can't wait for is putting on my dress. One because it looks so good on me and more so, to see Sean's reaction. As I gather up my make up and hair stuff I head to his house to start getting ready. Once there, its like he was waiting by the front door for me because I didn't even have to knock when I walked up to it. "Hey baby, you excited for tonight?" I nod because if I speak he'll hear just how shaky my voice is, but I am excited just a little more nervous and anxious then anything. As we walk into his house I feel I can finally speak a little enough to ask "no offense, I would love nothing more than to get dressed in the same room as you, but I feel like with needing to do my hair and makeup as well it would be best if I used one of the guest bedrooms." I hear him chuckle and I'm thinking if I just said something humorous. "Sweetheart, you use whatever room in this house you want to get ready, and I honestly think that's for the best too cause you know I can't keep my hands off of you." I chuckle because I know it's the truth, so I give him a quick kiss and grab my bags and head off to the direction of one of his guest bedrooms. Once inside I close the door and walk over to the bed. I lay out my black lace thong, my black red bottom Christian Louboutins, and my sexy red dress. Then I proceed to the dresser to lay out all my make up and hair stuff, and head off to the bathroom to shower. As I step out the shower I inhale the air that smells like my jasmine lavender soap. I lightly towel dry my hair and walk into the bedroom where the blow dryer is already plugged in and waiting. After blow drying my air I style it into a loose sock bun with a few strands hanging loose. I start on my makeup not doing anything to dark, I add a little mascara, some eyeshadow and eyeliner, a little blush to give my cheeks some color, and this new lipstick called Exposed. After my hair and makeup are completed I move over to the bed to get dressed. After getting dressed I look in the mirror and barely recognize myself. I clean up good, and it's all for Sean. After deciding I'm all ready to go I head out of the bedroom in search of my guy. He is waiting for me in the foyer looking better than ever in a dark gray suit and coincidentally a red tie the same color of my dress. As he turns to me I hear his sharp intake of breath and see his jaw drop a little bit, "wow...just wow. You look amazing, and I can see why you didn't let me see the dress before now." I mentally giggle to myself, but smile on the outside "are we ready to get this night started?" He takes my hand in his as we walk out the door, and we're on our way.

After we drive for an hour we finally arrive in front of the Ambassador Hotel and Resort. It's huge, I've never seen anything like it, nor have I stayed anywhere nice like this. There is a massive staircase outside leading up to the swivel doors, that lead you into the grand lobby. Everything is marble and gold, statues and furniture, plants and a fountain. I see a huge opening off to the right where a mass of people are standing decked out in suites and ties and gorgeous dresses, in all different lengths, colors, and even shapes. With my arm mangled with his, Sean and I make our way over to the people I'm assuming must be his co-workers. As we reach the group I hear "hello's", and "hey Sean's finally hear". We walk right over to a man with his wife, "Hey Sean, good to see you. You remember my wife Allyson? And who have we hear?" Sean releases me for a quick second to shake hands with the man "Hey Roland, yes I remember meeting her at Ashton's barbeque a while back." "This.." he says taking me around the waist pulling me into his side "is Rebekah Reynolds, she's my new girlfriend." It sounds good and kind of weird hearing him say that considering what we've been dealing with, with Evelyn. "Well it's a pleasure to meet you Miss Reynolds. Glad to see he can be happy again after what that wretched woman did to him." "Likewise sir, yeah we've been dealing with some issues lately concerning her." We start to hear lots of chatter coming from the entrance and look over to see Evelyn walking in wearing a long, strapless, silk like, silver dress with matching silver Kenneth Cole Lex strappy heels. "Speak of the devil" I hear Allyson say. I look at Sean to see if he has any reaction to her what so ever. When I see him just staring it kind of hurts because I don't know what's going through his mind. "Sean, I'm gonna go get a drink. I'm gonna need it, I can tell already." As I start to walk away, Allyson grabs my arm "are you ok?" So I guess I'm really not that good at hiding my emotions, I nod and continue walking, "if you don't mind I would like to join you for a drink." We reach the bar and order Blueberry Ginger Bellini's, two each. As we're standing there drinking Allyson starts talking again. "I was in your position not that long ago. When I met Roland he had just went through a nasty separation. She wasn't the best person, and she didn't treat him too good. Once she found out he started talking to me on a relationship level she did a complete 180 and tried to get him back. Would keep showing up to places we were at, would call whenever she felt, showed up at his house a couple times and even my job once or twice. I'm telling you this because you look worried and if Sean is telling you there is nothing going on between them, you should believe him." I sit there contemplating everything she is saying to me, I decide to give him the benefit of the doubt.

After our little chit chat I finish what's left of my drinks and set off to find Sean. I see him standing in the same place, talking with Roland and two other men. I try not to but I can't help it and I find myself scanning the room for Evelyn. When I don't see her I continue over to Sean. He is deep in conversation so I just walk up to him and wrap my arms around him. "Speaking of her, guys this is Rebekah. Rebekah this is Ashton, Mark, and you've already met Roland. I was starting to miss you and worry a little bit. Can we please just ignore the fact that she's hear. Let's go grab some food and a seat. I have to give a speech shortly." I nod at him and then the guys "it was nice meeting you all" and he starts to lead me away. We grab plates of food, and desserts then head to a table near the stage that's been set up just for the event. We get seated and start eating as the table fills up with his co-workers. Roland and Allyson, Ashton and I'm assuming his date, I think her name is Janelle, and Mark and his wife Jennifer. There are two seats left vacant and that's when I spot Evelyn, making her way over to our table. She reaches us with a quickness and starts to sit down, "what do you think your doing?" I hear Sean say. "Well silly, if you must know I'll be the one introducing you for your speech, so they advised me to sit at this table with you." I was so glad I was sitting on his left and Allyson was on his right, making it impossible for her to sit anywhere near him. I felt him shift next to me and then he spoke again, "why on earth would they allow you to introduce me, your nothing to me anymore?" I was doing a happy dance inside because he was finally telling her off and she actually looked hurt like she really thought he still cared for her. "Well I told them I was here to get you back and it would be nice for your woman to do the intro." Sean was opening his mouth to reply when the lights flashed signaling it was time for the speech to begin. Evelyn hopped up from the table with a sneaky look on her face, and headed towards the stage. As she walked on the stage she plastered a big grin on her face and put her hand on the mic. "Ladies and Gentlemen, were all here to celebrate this wonderful charity event thanks to this amazing man that I've come to love so much." Right then and there I knew something wasn't right and all I hear are whispers from the crowd "if they are together why did he bring that other woman tonight?" "I can't even imagine what's going through her head right now." I feel Sean grab my hand under the table and give me a reassuring squeeze. "Please help me welcome Sean Kelly" the room bursts into a roar of applause, and we share a look as he gets up from the table. He heads towards the stage with a smile, on his way shaking hands of other co-workers I haven't met, some investors and some old colleagues. As he reaches the stage a sharp pain hits my heart and gut "what's gonna happen" I think to myself. He walks up the steps and towards where Evelyn is standing and what happens next damn near shatters my world and rips my heart out. She wraps her arms around him and kisses him smack on the mouth. The way the kiss looks, you would think they were together, hell maybe even married. I can't handle it, I scoot my chair back so quick, get up and run out the room. Sean calling my name and Evelyn smirking at me are the last things I remember before darting out the room, out of the hotel and down the street.