Slithering

Slithering

The next day Celeste found all her belongings down the dungeons, in the Slytherin dorms. The first year's dorm was completely occupied so he had a separate room to herself. Being a Saturday, she didn't have any of her classes. Celeste arranged her room, her bed was near a glass window which separated her room and the lake. She saw some fish swim by. The atmosphere was totally different from her Gryffindor dorm. It was dark with no trace of sunlight which gave her a cold feeling. She put up the photos of her parents and uncle near on her desk. The room was painted in a shade of dark green and bed sheets and blankets were emerald. She felt awful leaving her new friends back at Gryffindor. She loved it in the Gryffindor dorm with Hermione, Lavender and Parvati. It was good having people to share a room with. In the Slytherin dorm, it felt as if she was back in her room at Grimmauld Place again, alone and without friends. She wished that her current arrangement wasn't permanent and that she was sent back to Gryffindor. She lay down on her bed, not wanting to go outside, and facing every one.

Celeste's robes were hanging by the a cupboard, she noticed that they weren't red and gold anymore, instead, the colours were replaced by Emerald green and silver. Closing her eyes, she tried to fall asleep, unsure of her fate.

After a while, her slumber was disrupted by a knock on her door. She found Pansy Parkinson outside. "Hey Pansy." Celeste greeted, attempting a smile. "Finally you're in the place where you belong, Black. Slytherin will surely return pride to the noble house of Black. Now, Draco's​ waiting for you in the dorm, so, do hurry up. Oh, and also, the password is Slithering." "What kind of password is Slythering?" Celeste found the pun mildly amusing. Pansy ignored her, going back to the common room.

"Well, at least I've got Draco, Vincent and Greg." She muttered to herself. Celeste took out her jumper, which was previously red and gold but magic-ed to green and silver. A shiver crawled down her spine as she put on the jumper.

The Slytherin common room was a long, low underground room with rough stone walls and ceiling, from which round, greenish lamps were hanging on chains. A fire was crackling under an elaborately carved mantelpiece. The common room had lots of low backed black and dark green button-tufted, leather sofas, skulls and dark wood cupboards. It was decorated with tapestries featuring the adventures of famous Medieval Slytherins. It had quite a grand atmosphere, but also quite a cold one, nothing like Gryffindor's warm and fiery atmosphere.

"There you are. We've been waiting for you. You took quite sometime." Celeste spotted Draco along with Vincent and Greg. Vincent was stuffing a muffin in his mouth. There were huge glass windows in common room, and Celeste spotted a giant squid at one of them. She jumped with shock when she saw it. "Yeah, don't worry, it's​ quite common to spot that squid." Draco said casually. Celeste nodded and saw some other interesting fish swimming in the black lake.

"Come along now, Slytherin team's practicing today." Draco persisted. Celeste nodded, following him but she couldn't help but stare at the huge glass windows.

They exited the dungeons, Crabbe and Goyle following them, mumbling among themselves. "She's no longer a blood traitor like her mum and dad." Crabbe whispered. The comment seemed as if she was stabbed in the back. She stiffened and cleared her throat uncomfortably, unsure of what to say. Those words made her feel angry and horrible at the same time. She felt blood boiling beneath her flesh, she felt like screaming at Crabbe for calling her parents blood traitors and at the same time, she felt like running away from Hogwarts, straight in the arms of her parents. "Don't ever say that again." Draco growled, glaring at Crabbe. The boy nodded timidly and their mumbling stopped.

"You know, you really should not stay here at Slytherin." Draco suddenly said. Celeste stopped, surprised of hearing Draco say that. "I mean, you're not meant for Slytherin, Celeste. Don't get me wrong, all I mean is that you'd do great in Gryffindor." He paused, then continued, "Just don't get too friendly with Potter and Weasley."

Celeste felt much better. "Thanks Draco, you're a great friend." She smiled warmly. The four of them, then went on to watch the Slytherin team practice.