"He's not a death eater anymore, Hagrid!" Hermione exclaimed.

"Clearly you've lost your mind! What's he done to ye, huh? Tell me, and I'll knock him out,"

"Hagrid, no, if you just let me explain--"

"Did he hex you or some'ing? Ginny? What are your thoughts about this monstrosi'y?"

Ginny remained silent, sipping her tea, looking innocent.

"Hermione, his family, almost go' me arrested for the silliest things, he even tried to kill buckbeak, he's said a lot of things not only to me, but to you, Harry, and Ron too!" Said Hagrid.

"Hagrid, calm down, okay? Let-me-explain." And as so, Hagrid let her explain everything from beginning to end, how Draco's changed his ways and how he wasn't like his father after all.

Hagrid took a deep sigh and asked, "do Harry and Ron know this?"

"Yes. But not all. They wouldn't let me explain."

"If this is a revenge sort of thing going on between you and Ron--"

"I'm not using Draco to make Ron jealous. It just.. happened, you know?"

"Al'righ. I understand. But I'd like to see the change for me self. He's going to take my class isn't he?"

"I hope so,"

"Okay, I'll be the judge of him," said Hagrid as if he was Hermione's father. "Thanks for understanding, Hagrid." She smiled. "Ah well, this isn't the first time you pity on mean creatures. You know, like the trolls?" He chuckled.

"I still believe they should have their right of freedom, you know?"

"Keep believing, kiddo. Now run along, Best know it's dinner time" Hagrid patted her shoulder, as the two walked out of his hut.

~

The rest of the days consisted of a somewhat the never-ending sweeping of leaves at hogwarts, till their last day of detention, saturday, has finally come around. "Now I know how hard Filch's job is," Dean groaned, lying back down on the pile of leaves. "DEAN!" Ginny shouted.

"Oh shit, sorry, I forgot" Dean stood up.

"You go clean this up, I'm done" she scoffed, dropping her rake down. "Where are Draco and Hermione by the way?" She asked, looking around the courtyard.

"Probably at the backyard, Seamus managed to escape to go at hogsmeade,"

"I reckon the two love birds would be there as well," she sighed. "Which leads us to the two of us." Dean pursed his lips, fiddling with his rake.

"Nope. Just you." said Ginny, storming off the courtyard.

"Hey! You're not gonna leave me too!" Dean called out but Ginny had already left.

Draco and Hermione did not end up going to hogsmeade in Hermione's fear of Mcgonagall staying outside the gate, and to maintain their positions as head boy and head girl, they've decided to help Hagrid back in his hut by carving faces on the freshly grown pumpkins.

"Say, I'll be going to hogsmeade today, ye wanna come?" Hagrid asked. "No thanks, we're still on our last day of detention," said Hermione.

"Ah well, I best be off, need to catch new creatures for tomorrow's lecture. Can't believe i'm saying this but Malfoy, thanks for your help"

"I'm sorry for everything I've done before,"

"Oh don't be ge'ttin too sentimental! Hermione here had explained it all, see ye" Hagrid waved goodbye.

When Hagrid was gone, Draco said, "this is a good first date, don't you think?"

"I agree one hundred percent," Hermione cuts open the top of a pumpkin, pulling the top off, revealing its guts. "Eugh! Look at this one, Draco!" She groaned, giggling at the same time, as the stinks of the pumpkin scattered around their noses.

"Smells horrible," said Draco.

"Really? Come here," she held out the pumpkin's crown, as Draco stood up and backed away from her. "Hermione, no" he chuckled.

"Hermione says yes," she giggled, and then she started chasing him around, making him smell the awful scent of the pumpkin.

Until she caught him almost, but not completely cornered in a tree, making him fall down on the pile of autumn leaves. She laughed, offering her hand to him to help him stand up, but when he held her hand, he pulled her down with him.

They laid their tired backs down, looking at the bright blue, and cloudy sky, taking deep breaths. The two looked deeply into each others eyes, grinning from ear to ear.

Hermione's hair was in her face, so Draco tucked the strands at the back of her ear, carressing her right cheek which was flushed in pink.

Their faces were almost inches away from each other, still laying down the leaves, then she broke the silence, in hopes that Draco wouldn't know what she was about to say,

"Je'taime" she whispered at Draco.

"I love you too,"

Hermione was taken by surprise, she opened her mouth to say something but she quickly shuts it.

He moved his face closer to hers a lot more further, they both closed their eyes, and slowly, but surely, letting their lips touch into a sweet, gentle kiss.

Draco's hand were still in her face, and once they broke the kiss he said, "you don't think I read the whole french book did you?"

"I wasn't aware you'd still know that" she said; he took her hands, kissing both of them and he said in a warm tone, "we're in love, aren't we?"

"Yeah. I guess we are"

~

Vote & comment!

You guys have been waiting for this so here you go! I hope you enjoyed this one! But this isn't the end just yet ;)

Still doing dedications, easter eggs & preferences and as always see you in the next chapter! x