"Of course I can! You've destroyed school property! You shouldn't call yourselves prefects! Shame on you, now you have to help me clean for the whole week!" He demanded.

"But--"

"What is going on here?" Mcgonagall appeared out of nowhere.

"These nasty little teenagers threw a large smoke screen and scattered all the leaves! I demand detention!" Filch cried out.

But Mcgonagall took a deep breath and sighed, "Very well. Detention shall begin before dinner and until the first hogsmeade day, you five will have to help Filch clean out the leaves"

"But professor, we didn't do anything?" Draco tried to talk her out.

"i'm sorry, Mr. Malfoy but you being the new head boy of the prefects is extremely dissapointing. You have no choice but to take responsibility, or else I will have to forcely remove your position for somebody else. Unless you want that?"

"No, professor" said Draco sheepishly, looking down.

"All right. Everyone, start cleaning" Filch sniggered.

"But professor! I have to see Hagrid today," said Hermione.

"You can go visit him after your jobs are done" said Professor Mcgonagall, "oh, and thirty points from both gryffindor and slytherin. you're lucky I didn't deduct points from each and everyone of you." As she walked away.

"Thanks a lot, Seamus" said Dean. "Hey! Why is it only my fault?" Seamus frowned, pushing Dean out of the way. "Okay enough! Let's just all agree that if it wasn't for you two, we wouldn't have gotten too much in trouble," Ginny said calmly.

"Now would you quit your whining and start sweeping?" She continued.

"I'm sorry I got you in this mess," Hermione walked over to Draco.

"No, it's okay, it's clearly my fault too, so..."

"What were you going to say earlier, by the way?"

"Nothing--"

"Dracooo,"

"I..." Draco looked down, and smirked, then back up to her glistening brown eyes waiting for an answer as he continued, "I was going to ask you out on a date.. Supposedly on hogsmeade day".

"Oh," she pursed her lips. "I guess the date will have to wait then" said Hermione, picking up a rake.

"But if we did get out of this situation, would you have said yes?"

"Of course," Hermione said without hesitation, her smile reached from ear to ear, and Draco gave a crooked smile.

~

After the work, Hermione and Ginny immediately went to Hagrid's, as he was preparing tea for the upcoming guests of his. "Ah, Hermione, Ginny, come in. Good to see you again, Hermione; tea?" Hagrid offered.

"Don't mind if I do," Hermione smiled, taking a teacup. "So," Hagrid cleared his throat. "How was your trip to Paris?" He asked, Hermione choked on her tea, as Hermione and Ginny exhanged looks; even Ginny didn't know how he found that out.

"P-paris?"

"Yeah, me and Olympe still write along the way of course. She told me she saw you at the beauxbatons express yesterday. Just got the note this morning,"

"Oh, well I..."

"And she said that you seem to be hanging out with a blond haired boy, is that right?"

"Hagrid, I can explain--"

"Draco Malfoy?! Really? Have you lost your marbles, Hermione? What's gotten into you? After all these years of fighting and bullying you came across a death eater?"