rain | J-Hope | fluff

The city lights glowed in gorgeous pink and blue hues as you strode around with Hoseok. He was wearing a button up shirt, with tight jeans and dress shoes.

"You really dressed up for this date, didn't you?" You asked, smiling as you scanned his outfit. He flushed nervously.

"You look nice too." He said, smiling. You laughed and grabbed his hand.

You walked into the restaurant, Hourly, for dinner. There were a few other groups and couples at tables and it looked fairly busy; you'd rather be at home, cuddled up with marshmallows watchong movies while Hobie called you a marshmallow, but your social boyfriend loved going out for dinner, movies, and socialising.

"So, let's be honest... Would you rather be walking around with me in a crowded city or at home, cuddling to watch a movie?" You asked, ten minutes after dinner. Hoseok smiled and hummed.

"Hmm..." Hoseok thought for a second. You thought you already knew his answer, but he surprised you.

"To be honest..." He said, "I really like being with you. I like being in only your presence... The only reason I made you come out with me is because I had a surprise for you."

You smiled, looking into his eyes.

"Really?" You said. He nodded, smiling.

"What's my surprise?"

"You'll have to wait and see." He said lovingly, booping your nose.

~~~

After dinner, Hoseok led you to a small boutique. It was beautiful.. It had a light pastel-like aesthetic. You were the only two inside; it was beginning to drizzle outside with cool, refreshing rain.

"Oh, this is so beautiful..." You awed. Hoseok smiled at you.

"Yeah.. That's why I chose it..."

You smiled at him again, your heart swelling with affection.

"Anyway.." He said, "here's what I wanted to get for you... I thought I'd show you before I bought it, just in case you didn't like it..."

He led you to the back of the store, where a few racks of vintage clothing were. At the back he had hidden something; he rummaged around until he found what he was looking for

"Oh my gosh, Hobie!"

It was a stunning vintage dress. It looked like the dress of your dreams...

"Do you like it?" He asked, slightly nervous.

You answered his insecure voice with a big, rib-crushing hug.

"I wanna wear it now!" You cried, tugging excitedly on Hoseok's shoulder.
"Baby buy it now so I can put it on! Pleeeeease!"

He laughed, which made you happier.

"Of course baby!"

He strode to the counter and paid, asking the girl serving if you could put it on now. She said yes and showed you the dressing room.

You ran inside and slid on the dress; it was the perfect fit.

"Come and look!" You said happily. Hoseok stepped around the curtain and looked stunned.

"Wow..." He said, his eyes scanning you. "You scrub up good, Marshmallow."

You beamed.

~~~

Walking to your train to get home, the rain fell harder. People all around you were bustling to get undercover, and the people with umbrellas strode by.

You, on the other hand, along with Hoseok, had no problems in the world walking in the cooling rain.

"(y/n)?" He said. You stopped, and looked up at him.

"Yes, baby?"

He looked nervous as he took your hands in his. In the middle of a busy area, he looked into your eyes.

"I've always wanted to kiss you in the rain. And now... You look so beautiful... So kissable... I just want you now."

You felt so warm inside, despite the cold rain.

He leaned in and kissed you.

As you both pulled away, you looked up at him.

"It was better than I ever imagined." He murmured. You gave a half-smile, despite being the happiest you'd ever been.

~~~

Yeah, you missed the train, but Hoseok called a taxi, and while it was a little more expensive, it was definitely a lot more comfortable.

And yes, there were marshmallows waiting for you when you got home.

End

Songs I listened to while writing this:
• I Feel Fine I Feel Sick - Ceres
• Spring Day - BTS
Car Radio - Twenty Øne Pilots
Might Just Die - History
it's Sunday April 19th and I miss you - flatsound