SIXTEEN

I sat on a tree branch, swinging my feet and watching the stars. It's obvious that stars are there, but we never actually take the time to watch how they actually function. It's like they're just there, just waiting for morning to come, and nobody notices. 

"Dude, you're leaving?" I shifted and looked through the leaves to see Clay and Jeff talking.

"Yeah, I guess so."

"It looked like shit was happening for you in there."

"Did it?"

"Didn't it?"

"I don't know man, I just... I don't ever know... anything." I smiled a little and helped myself get down from the tree. 

"That's why you got us, Clay." They both moved their glimpse to me, as I walked forward. 

"Look, man, whatever happened in there... just give her a minute and go back and find her." Clay looked out of it, so I just tapped Jeff on the shoulder.

"We're going on a beer run pretty quick, Clay, come with us?" I smiled, but he kindly declined.

"I'm just going to go home and consider the wreckage that is my life." I let out a small breath and nodded.

"See you Monday?" he nodded and walked off.

"Hey, Sheri?" Jeff walked into the entrance way of the house and said something to Sheri before she smiled and nodded.

"One second, guys." she smiled and walked back inside. 

"What was that?" I asked, grabbing my jacket.

"She blocked us in," Jeff smiled. "It's no big deal, she said she'll be out in a minute." I nodded and picked up a few cans and bottles from our spot, throwing them in different barrels. He kissed me on the cheek, and I stood up.

"Hey," I grinned. "what's up?" 

"I just love you," he clutched my hand, causing me to smile.

"Awe, I love you more." he rolled his eyes.

"Yeah right." I saw Sheri walk out shortly, Hannah following, and get into her car. It wasn't 2 minutes later, and they had already left. 

"Shall we?" he took my hand and helped me into the car.

"We shall, madam." I beamed and buckled quickly, as he hopped into the car. He pulled out and drove to Bryce's a few blocks away. We both hopped out of the car and walked out to the back.

"How much do we grab?" There were dozens of boxes of alcohol just lined up along the house. 

"If we grab about 10 each, we'll be good." I picked up two and set them in the trunk, continuing to load. I grabbed two more, my heel sinking into the muddy grass.

"Woah!" I almost fell, but I regained my balance. I set them down into the trunk once more and placed my silver heels into the back seat.

"You okay?" he asked, placing the last of them into the trunk. I nodded, and he closed the trunk.

"This should be good." I brushed off my feet and got into the front seat barefoot. He pecked my lips quickly before we both buckled. I smiled, and brushed off my feet and grabbed my heels from the back, placing them on my lap. He put the vehicle in gear, and we pulled out.

"I think I'm good for tonight after we drop these off," Jeff drove, not taking his eyes off the road.

"Me too," I nodded and yawned. "Mom wants us to call when we're close to home, to make sure we're safe and that kind of stuff." Jeff smiled.

"Okay," he smiled. "tonight was fun."  I nodded.

"Yeah, it wa-" a car suddenly pulled in front of us, blaring their horn, and I looked up just in time to see Jeff hold his arms over me.

-

I'm so very sorry! This is an emotional wreck, as am I at the moment. I love Jeff so much.

He deserved better.

Thanks for reading. Please like and comment.

-A