TWELVE

I grabbed my bag and sprinted to the field. By the time I had gotten there, the game had already started.

"Shit." I sighed and tried to sneak into the gate.

"Middleton, you're late again!" I gulped and stopped by the coach.

"I'm sorry, coach, I had to go to Porter's..."

"Have a seat," she said irritated. "I don't know what is going on with you, but you need to stop if you want to play! Not to mention you need to get your grades back up." I nodded, and she shook her head, turning towards the game. I set my bag under the bench and watched as the game escalated.

Watching a professional team had always been my dream, and it was finally happening. We even had matching outfits, well...sort of. Jeff sat down, setting the bagged popcorn in my lap, and I smiled. 

"Thank you, kind sir." he smiled and pecked my lips. 

"You're definitely welcome, m'lady." I laughed a little and popped a piece into my mouth.

"Mmm, I never thought it would taste so good." he laughed.

"It's popcorn, you've had popcorn before." 

"Not professional popcorn!" that made him laugh really hard. We watched the game, players scoring home runs and sliding onto bases, it felt amazing. A ball came hurdling towards us and Jeff raised his mitt, jumping up slightly to catch it. 

"Oh my gosh, Jeff!" I laughed.

"I came prepared." he lowered the ball and tossed it to me.

"What? No! You caught it!"

"Caught it for you." I smiled in awe, and he kissed my lips.

If only it stayed like that. 

"Watch out!" A ball came hurdling towards me, but this time Jeff wasn't beside me... 

. . . and we didn't catch it.

-

I haven't seen you guys since last year! How are you? Thoughts on Jeff's lost in the series? Who's excited for Season Two!? I know I am.

I love you guys, thanks so much for reading!!