Chapter 6:Complications

Robin's POV

                She has a boyfriend!? Who the heck could compete with boy wonder!?

                "W-who?"

                "It is no one of importance Robin." She says

                "Tell me. I've grown up since you’ve last seen me. I can take it." I say.

                "Robin I do not want to cause problems." She sighs backing away from me.

                "Starfire just tell me!" I plead.

                "Leave the matter alone." She turns and walks away. I shake my head and head upstairs.

_______________________________

Conner's POV

                We land on the beach.

                "Why are we on the beach?" I ask Cassie. She's not there. I turn in a circle and finally see her playing out in the water. I smile at her.

                "Conner! Come on!" She laughs. I shake my head and join her in the waves. After about 30 minutes of fooling around we collapse on the beach.

                "That was fun." Cassie giggles looking at me.

                "Yeah." I smile at her. I don't understand why Megan hates her so much  other than well she's kind of pretty.

                "You don't have to hate me like your girlfriend." and..she killed the mood.

                "Who said I hated you Cassie?" I frown.

                "I get the vibe that you don't like me very much." she shrugs and stares out at the ocean.

                "I just….it's complicated alright?" I sigh. Dad's warning to stay away from Cassie comes back to my mind.

                "How?"

                "Look." She looks at me. "It's complicated alright….i'm already on my dad's bad side." I sigh and stand up.

                "Where are you going?" she asks standing up.

                "Home….i'm grounded and probably in a lot of trouble." I take off in to the air and ignore her pleas for me to come back.

                As I land on the front porch I can already tell I'm in trouble. I walk into the house and straight into my dad.

                "Where were you?" he asks his arms crossed and scowl on his face.

                "I was with….friends..sorry." I quickly say.

                "You were with Cassie again weren't you?" he asks.

                "None of your business dad!" I say brushing past him and going to my room. I collapse on my bed and close my eyes.

                I don't understand him anymore. Just because him and Wonder woman didn't work out why does that mean I have to stay away from her daughter? Does he think I'm going to hurt her too? Absolutely not. I hear a shrill beep coming from my watch. I press a button on the side.

                "Superboy here." I speak into my watch.

                "Superboy we need help in downtown Metropolis." I hear Robin say.