Final

Hey there everyone!

There are a million warnings for this story so please do make sure you're okay with everything before reading on. This story is set in an alternate universe so Tyler and Troye are only a couple of years apart and Troye is already living in America when they meet. Thank you for reading! Enjoy.

Tyler was thirteen when he met Troye Sivan.

At first, he’d turned his nose up at the scrawny little kid standing in front of him. Troye was at least 12 inches shorter than Tyler and something about the others large blue eye’s rattled him. The kid was creepy.

-

Tyler’s dad had just gotten a new job at a law-firm in San Fransisco and they had to move half-way across the country. To say the least, Tyler wasn’t happy. He had to leave behind all of his friends, all of his childhood memories, the swing in the park near his house that he and his best friend Connor had scratched their names into, his tree-house, his hiding spot under the stairs. It was like he was being taken away from his home. Sure, he had his dad, but San Fransisco wasn’t his home. It wasn’t the place he’d grown up in. San Fransisco was different. The people looked different, smelled different and acted different. They were always dressed up, brightly coloured hair and make-up was the norm, platform heels and expensive suits. It was like a whole new world. And Tyler hated it.

He’d made a habit of going to his dad’s work every day after school and after a few days of annoying him, Tyler's father decided that his son needed someone else to bother, and it just so happened that his boss had a son that was a few years younger than Tyler. The next day, his dad had ushered him into the elevator, pressing the button for the top floor. He didn’t tell his son anything about what he was going there for, just to go to the first office on the right. And that was what Tyler did. When he pushed open the glass door he was met with a pale face, chubby cheeks and a mop of chestnut hair.

“Hi!” Troye had said. Tyler was sure he was secretly a girl by the sound of his voice.

At first, Tyler had found the younger  boy annoying. He ate with his mouth open and had made a habit of drawing pictures for his newfound “friend.” The first picture Tyler ever received from Troye was a picture of the two holding hands, (Troye had given it to him with a shy smile and a little giggle before running off to see his father) he’d promptly ripped it up and threw it in the trash. Troye was pissing Tyler off to no end. Unfortunately, however, he didn’t have a choice but to put up with the younger. His dad had made a point of telling Tyler to treat the other boy kindly. And if he didn’t, his Xbox would be confiscated.

So that’s what he did. He listened to Troye’s stupid stories and accepted his weird drawings. Eventually, Tyler found himself warming up to the younger boy. After months of hiding under desks together and having spit-ball fights around the office, Tyler decided that he would invite Troye over. What harm could it do?

That night, when Troye waddled into his room clad in bacon and egg printed pyjamas, Tyler had decided that the younger was completely and utterly adorable.

Tyler was fifteen when he kissed Troye for the first time

Tyler had been struggling for months with the same thing; his attraction toward his best friend. The two had grown incredibly close over the course of their friendship and were almost inseparable. They went out together, ate together, played Xbox together, they did everything together.

 Tyler always felt bad about the things he had teased Troye about when they were kids. When they were younger, Troye's eyes were much too big for his face, they bulged out like a frogs’ and Tyler had thought that he’d never seen someone so ugly. But soon enough, Troye had grown into his strange features. Honestly, he was breath-taking and school was proof of that. Tyler’s best friend got a lot of female attention. His large doe eyes and perfectly sculpted face paired with his gorgeous voice was enough to have the teenagers around his school doing just about anything for a date, literally. Tyler had teased him for months when a preppy cheerleader named Krystal had climbed into his window one night and snuck into his bed. Thankfully, Troye politely declined the offer of free sex the next morning when he woke up to a strange grinning girl laying on his chest.