𝟙

September 18
Detroit , Michigan

It was an regular morning for Keshon. He got up, brush his teeth, wash his face & begin to count his money from his last night dealing. He counted every dollar carefully, making sure not to over or miss count one. "500,520,540" he mumble under his breath after his fingers moved rapidly. He was in the zone til a bang on the door made him lose focus.

"Fuck" he whispered under his breath, knowing it was his nosey ass deaf mother, he quickly threw all of his money into a shoebox knowing he would have to recount it later. Of course his mother didn't know he sold drugs, what kind of mother would let their 15 year old son sell drugs? But it was Keshon way of income he became the man of the house way too early.

"Boy why yeen ready for school?" His mother, Keisha questioned loudly. Although she was deaf it didn't stop her from using her voice. She lost her hearing 5 years ago when witness her husband get murder.The gunshots at close range permanently damaged her hearing. Keshon rolled the shit outta his eyes, "Ma'am why you so loud early this morning?" He sign to her in sign language of course. It was mandatory he took lesson so he could better understand her.

He hated loud shit in the morning but he was surprised he wasn't use to it. His mother was just a loud motherfucker & her being deaf didn't make it no better. "Keshon don't question me. Now get ready, ion need nomore calls from that school talm bout you late nie. Now hurry up so you can start walking," She loudly spoke again before slamming his room door on her way out.

"Now hurry up so you can start walking" Keshon mocked her in a feminine voice, "Shut the fuck up," He mumbled, of course he loved his mother but she was just irritating at times. Keshon begin to slip on his uniform which was khaki pants & a white polo shirt, he topped it off with some white forces. He was glad it was his last year of middle school.

He hate wearing uniforms he couldn't wait to go to the high school wear they could wear regular clothes. Keshon made sure to do all his work this year & not goof off too much. He was already 15 in the 8th grade, he flunked one year & got held back another. He wanted to make this year count.

Shon grabbed his backpack & went into the kitchen where his mother was typing on her phone like always. He tapped on her & signed, "Finna go," with his fingers. She nodded her head, giving his a kiss on his cheek & she raised her index finger & pinky finger & thumb. Telling him she love him & he did the same before waking out the house.

Keshon begin going into the direction he was very familiar with, he was just scrolling on his phone looking up every other second to watch his surroundings. His phone started to ring, it was his best friend since prek, Jermaine.

He press the green button, "Talk to me baby," he spoke nonchalantly. Jermaine rolled his eyes on the other side of the phone. This nigga wanna be cool so bad. Jermaine chuckled, "Mane you need to stop hanging with them other niggas, you stealing the whole lil lingo,"

Once Keshon started selling dope he started hanging with older niggas, they took him under they wing. He still didn't really fuck with em tho, he wouldn't allow himself to get too close to em. He heard to many stories about young niggas gettin crossed about by they OGs. He refuse to be another story.

"Fuck you, where you at tho?" Keshon questioned finally making it out the gates of the projects he lived at. Jermaine lived in the projects that was across from the ones Shon lived, that was just normal in the hood. Project across from projects. "Nigga I'm walking out the gates"