Smartphones

Gabriella Young  point of view
May 22, 2018
Los Angeles, California

She picks up the phone
In my head I know I'm wrong
I just want to know what she's heard
I'm pacing back and forth
'Cause I know that I've been caught
Trying to think of the perfect words
So I can come to her and lie right to her face

I don't know what I'm gonna say
But I know that I'm gonna say
Whatever it takes
I'mma run to her and lie right to her face
I don't know what I'm gonna say
But I know that I'm gonna say
Whatever it takes
Time is not on our side
'Cause she's waving goodbye goodbye

Smarts phones, dumb shit
Never knew I call so if she heard it all
I'm all out of luck tonight
I can say it was a joke but who am I kidding she ain't slow
Only way to make it right

Is if I come to her and lie right to her face
I don't know what I'm gonna say
But I know that I'm gonna say
Whatever it takes
I'mma run to her and lie right to her face
I don't know what I'm gonna say
But I know that I'm gonna say
Whatever it takes

Oh man I got to think of something
I'm about to lose it all
I swear that shit really didn't mean nothing
It all started with a pocket call

So I'mma run to her and lie right to her face
I don't know what I'm gonna say
But I know that I'm gonna say
Whatever it takes
I'mma run to her and lie right to her face
I don't know what I'm gonna say
But I know that I'm gonna say
Whatever it takes

It's been two weeks since August left my house and I have only talked to him twice. It's weird that the night I asked him to take Jass home he begins to act funny.  I had a dream that they have sex but it's not true damn sure shouldn't be. I mean why would they if they know it's going to hurt me? I pack my items up and turn the light off as I close the door to my office. "Young!" I heard my last name being yelled out from down the hall. I'm looked in that direction to see Trevor. "Trevor!" I yelled back. "Hey girl how's it going?" he swung his arm around my neck.

"I should be asking you that considering the fact that you just coming home from Jamaica." He smiled real big. " Oop somebody got some cuddy."  He smirked.  " Nah I got some pum pum." He humped the air.

"You something else sir." I laughed.  "Yeah,  how you and August doing?" We stepped onto the elevator. "Not  so great he's been distancing himself a lot over these past two weeks." Trevor nodded slowly and sighed.

"Gabbi I'm only going to tell you this because we cool, August may be cheating.  I know this from a previous relationship I had with a girl name Nikki I began distancing myself because I was cheating. I was more into the girl I was dealing with than Nikki because she was a breath of fresh air." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I understand you are feeling me Trevor, but that doesn't give you a reason to make me believe my boyfriend who you don't know is cheating on me." He put his hands up in surrender. "I'm just saying Gabriella, you don't have to believe me just listen. If it's not that he probably isn't digging you anymore." he shrugged.

"Yeah no." I rolled my eyes before walking away. I got in my car and drove away. The statement Trevor just say did get me back thinking of August cheating.  But it can't be true, I haven't done nothing wrong and we only been together for a couple of months.

I called August, but it went straight to voicemail. "I know damn well this nigga ain't block me." I mumbled to myself. I pulled up to my house as I was about to step out my car my phone rang. August was calling me back, so I guess he didn't block me.

I answered and turn the volume up on my radio so I could hear him clearly because it was a lot of muffling.  "August?" I heard shuffling before Travis voice boomed through my speakers. "So what ya gone do?" I furrowed my eyebrows, but being the nosey person I am I kept listening.

"I don't know man. I don't believe this shit." August huffed as his voice began to shake. Why is he about to cry? "Shit man how are you gone tell Gabriella?" Jamal asked. I began to become frustrated because I had no clue of what they were speaking of what so ever.

"Tell me what?" I asked hoping he would hear me, but I highly doubt it  because it seem as though he accidentally butt dialed me. "I don't know I jus can't believe Jass fuckin pregnant wit my child. I wanted  Gabbi ta be the first."  He cried.  "What the fuck he mean? August Anthony Alsina!" I scream through the phone.

I heard shuffling. "Yall hear that?" Travis asked. "Yeah, where's it coming from?"

"August pick up your fucking phone!" I felt hot tears falling down my face. Noise began to sound through the phone.  "Fuck!" August yelled before hanging up. I kept calling back, but he never answered. How could he? How could Jass?

August Alsina point of view
Same day

All I heard was Travis and Jamal calling my name but I was too busy crying and pacing back-and-forth like a bitch, but I was too worried about what Gabbi heard.  I don't know how much she heard.  I wish I could erase it all. I never meant to hurt her, I love her too much. I could just tell her that it was a joke right? It was a cover up for a party I was going to give her. No she's goin to catch on man, she's not dumb. I'm so fucked. Without thinkin or listenin to Travis and Jamal, I put my shoes on and grabbed my keys. I hopped in my car and sped down to Gabbi's house to hopefully confess my CONFESSIONS.

----------
Well that's that chapter. Look at that y'all got two chapters out of me tonight. I was rey take my happy ass to sleep, but I promised a chapter so here you go.

Auddie out now👐🏽