☆a c t t e n☆

IN SO SORRY! I haven't updated in almost a month, I'm such a shitty person oml. I last updated when this book hit 1k, and now it's at 2.3k, which is absolutely crazy! Thank you so much. I cut this chapter in half so I can update more regularly. I won't disappear again I promise lol. Happy reading!

b e t t y  c o o p e r

How did I end up here?

It's been 25 minutes since we left school, 25 minutes of Jughead breaking about a hundred traffic rules and driving at a speed I dare not know.

We were our of Riverdale about 10 minutes ago, and now we're standing in front of a shady looking restaurant along the highway.

Jughead parks the bike in the small lot, which is pretty full of other such monstrosities. I've never seen so many bikes before, let alone all of them together.

He gets of the bike, takes off his helmet, and shaked his head, his hair freeing itself from it's matted position.

Now when I see it, his hair, though short, almost comes to his ears at places. The sunlight reflects off it as that one thin tuft of it hangs across his forehead.

He looks glorious. It's so unfair.

He helps me off the bike, and takes my hand. I try hard to digest the butterflies in my stomach.

I turn to him.

"Umm, Jughead...where exactly are we?"

He looks at me, and his eyebrows go up. A smirk plays at his lips.

"What?" I ask.

"You called me by my name. You've never done that before. I like it." His smirk grows wider. "I like the way it sounds on your lips."

He leads me towards the restaurant.

"This is.....well, I'm taking a big risk with this, but...I trust you", he murmurs, and we near the door. I can hear loud laughter inside. A sound which I think is glasses clinking together files the air. Jughead reaches the door, and pushes it open.

"Betty, this is my gang. The Southside Serpents."

That's when it hits me. I'm in a room full of criminals.

                       ¤     ¤      ¤      ¤

The entire room quiets down. All around us are hoards of men, and even women surprisingly, in leather jackets, two snakes embroidered on each left arm.

I can feel so many eyes on me, and I've never felt more out of place. How out of place I must look like, in my blue top and white pants, the typical good girl.

A girl in black attire, cigarette on her lips, meets my eye, and immediately look down.
Suddenly Jughead's arm is around my waist, and I calm down a bit.

"Relax. They're not gonna eat you. They won't even touch you." His breath gently caresses my ear." They know you're mine."

The last part sends a chill down my spine, and this time, I don't know if I like it or not.

¤          ¤          ¤
[A/N: I'm making the chapters shorter so that y'all get more updates quickly, and even I'll get the motivation to write faster Tbh.
I hope you liked this little chapter!
Vote
&
Comment!
Thanks for reading!