Between the Two of Us

Start from the beginning

Paul remained silent, eyes forward. Brona had a hunch. She smirked.

"Are you scared of George?"

"No."

Brona's laughter filled the car at the absurdity that Paul was afraid of her lanky twin brother. Paul's hardened face relaxed at the joyous sound as his insult dissolved. He gazed over at her, his hazel eyes softening as they took her in. In an instant, his eyes were torn from her as his chin came in contact with a strong force and his hand was forced back to him.

"Watch the road," Brona warned, noticing the roundabout approaching in the center of the town. She directed his vision back to the road and lifted his hand off her thigh, placing it back in it's rightful place on the steering wheel. "Both 'ands on the wheel. It's bad enough you've been drinkin', you could at least look where you are goin' and make the effort to get us 'ome alive."

"Hey, I'm well within the legal limit. I'm of good mind, you know."

"There is no legal limit. That's the problem."

Taking the second exit, they were parked in Upton Green estate in no time. Paul stopped the car outside the dead Harrison household. He had swiveled himself around to have better access to his girlfriend. He held his body forward, supporting himself with his arm stretched across the passenger seat. Brona was hunched forward. She surveyed her house and the dead activity of the council estate. She raised herself back, turning to Paul. He lifted a brow in expectation, earning a playful eye roll. She satisfied him by inching towards him, bringing their lips into contact.

Paul's right hand slid onto her hip, which gradually slipped, as their kiss deepened, back to her waist before slipping further down. A rush of excitement surged through Brona, goosebumps appearing along her skin. Although her teenage years were nearly a mere two years behind her, she was suddenly sent back to that era of secretly snogging boys in cars late at night away from the view of prying adults. A thought was planted in her mind. She could get use to this... for a little while.

Almost as if sensed her vulnerability, Paul brought out all the stops.

His kisses were tantalizing in both meanings of the word, as he worked slowly and lazily. Their restricting environment playing to his advantage. His teasing tongue drove her mad. His hand dropped down from the supporting seat to replace the other hand at her arse so he could cradle her jaw, enabling him to have more control of her movements.

"So... we're... goin'... ahead... with... um... the plan... then..." he managed in between long, pleasurable kisses.

His lips parted from hers, beginning an attack on her jawline and working downwards. Brona was in a trance. What was worse she knew she was powerless. She was very aware she was trapped in a twilight zone. She knew she was going to regret her decision but the pleasurable feeling radiating through her body was enough to conceal consequences from her brain. She thought perhaps she could remain silent but then she felt teeth replace the suckling feeling on her neck and she knew she had lost this battle.

"Yes," she breathed.

Paul smirked, his victory distracting him from his work. This allowed Brona to move his face away from her vulnerable neck. It tore her apart but she didn't want any hickeys to have to hide. Their relationship was enough. It really was like being a teen again, thought the twenty year old.

They both slouched silently back into their respective seats. Brona's eyes returned to her house. No car was outside. No light was on from what she could see. Her sister Louise, Gordon and their children left two days ago meaning she didn't room share anymore.

"I don't think anyone's 'ome."

She glanced back at Paul, who was twiddling his thumbs. He lifted his gaze with raised eyebrows, comprehending her cryptic message. The blurriness cleared when he noted the smirk playing on her lips. He smirked in return before they fumbled out of his car, slamming the doors and racing up the path.