Chapter 3

The Black Pearl pitched and rolled, Vasira woke up and looked about deck. She saw that no one was there. The whole ship was empty. As she walked around the ship, she felt her heart race. Thump thump, thump thump the blood rushed to her ears... the water around her parted, swallowing the pearl.

as she tried to swim to the surface she heard her fathers laughter "a ship is no place for a woman!" The laughter got louder as she was pulled lower down, into the murky depths of the deep.

Vasira woke up to see Jack and Will looking down at her with pale and concerned faces. "Are you okay?" Will asked. She nodded and took a few deep breaths to calm her nerves, she reached for the rum bottle. Jack sent Will out of the room.

"what was it Vasira?" the sea girl shook her head, she wouldn't tell him. She looked into Jacks dark brown eyes, she felt something that she had never felt before.

She felt safe.

"Jack, every time i step onto a boat... I get a horrible nightmare of the last thing that Jones said to me...A ship is no place for a woman..." She sat up and swallowed her fear away. Here she was safe, and strangely warm... a fire in her heart had been lit.

Jack smiled slightly at her "We should catch up to The Flying Dutchman by noon, and when we get there i need you to get aboard the ship and find that key..." the cold ice of dread replaced the fire in her heart. she couldn't go aboard his ship, she would rather die.

~~~~~TIME SKIP TO NOON~~~~~~~~

Vasira snuck aboard her fathers ship, she had a knife in her hands as opposed to her other worldly black swords. this wasn't just about the key in her eyes, this was about reclaiming part of herself. She watched as his crew went about their usual duties, swabbing the decks, cooking, mending sails. "where are you, you fish faced bastard?' she spat through gritted teeth.
"i hope you weren't talking about me there dear child" Jones stood behind her. Vasira choked on her breath.
"Hi.... dad..... long time no speak. the last time i saw you, you left me in tortuga!" Vasira slapped his face, but just as the hand was about to connect with face, her wrist was trapped in a crab claw. She gritted her teeth, refusing to surrender to the pain.

instead of slapping him, Vasira spat in his face, making sure that it landed in his eye. Jones roared in anger, and threw his daughter on the deck. Vasira had her arm trapped in the wooden slats. A tear leaked from her eye. As she stood up she heard a slurp followed by a click. Her arm had been dislocated.