Chapter 2

"Catherine..." My mom glares at me with hatred. Any normal daughter will flinch from her glare, but I'm not a normal girl. I watch my mom calmly without a single drop of emotion etching on my face. This irritates her. Her glare increases tenfold as if it would make me go to my knees and beg. I stare back, amuse.

As if.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"You have to marry that man."

"No."

She hisses as panic settles in her eyes, "You ungrateful brat! After everything we did for you?! This is how you repay us?! You'll destroy our image if you keep this up."

I look at her. Her face is as red as a tomato. She clenches her fist. Her glare is intense, but she can't hide beneath that upfront image of hers because I can see it- An emotion that she isn't able to hide-

Fear.

I laugh. A very cold laugh," And for what, pray tell, do I owe such nonsense proclaim?"

She tenses up. She opens her mouth, then closes it. She knows what I would have done if wrong words spout from her mouth.

Good. She remember.

Feebly, she argues, "You are going to marry him and if it the last thing I do, young lady."

With that, ladies and gentlemen, she walks out of the room head held high wishing that that cliché word is enough to bring triumph on her side. Unfortunately, her desperate thought for a win has her unconsciously bumps to the wall next to the door and falls backward.

I snort.

She blushes in embarrassment.

I watch the door close, and a smirk makes its way to my lips.

That's the twenty-fifth lose for her.

She always makes my day every time she lose. I mean, I should feel bad, but that would have been stupid of me as to even give a grain of concern. Grains choking the life out of her causes a sadistic chuckle to pierce the silence.

I have their disgusting blood running inside me so this nature of mine can't be helped.

I frown at what happened today. There is no way I'd marry a man like him. He's probably near the age of my father. The thought sickens me.

It's not like you haven't bed with a man thrice older than you.

I glare at the demon inside me.

Ping!

My laptop flashes off. I check the mail. I find it odd since no one knows what my email address. The chat box  Mark and I have doesn't need emails to be in public.

From: BlazierceAnderson@mail.com

To: CatherineJ@mail.com

My eyebrows knit together in puzzlement. I've never met someone other than Mark. I open it, and read the content:

Dear Catherine,

If you are reading this. It means that day has finally come.

You see, I wasn't supposed to last for three months, I had an illness the same as my late father. You remember him, right? I used to mention him back in the day. I already gave up when a certain 'cat' came into my life- more like my chat box.