New Year's Picninc

Start from the beginning

After a few more tries, and endless arguments, Ninetales and I agreed on something:

It still has black, but Ninetales approved. I left my hair natural and started on my makeup:

I gave my look a finishing touch my applying a rich red lipstick

I gave my look a finishing touch my applying a rich red lipstick. When I was done, I looked at Ninetales to ask for approval, but all I saw was Ninetales with her mouth open.

"I-Is something wrong? Is it too much makeup? Oh-," I began rambling, regretting my decision of wearing makeup.

~No, you got it all wrong. You look beautiful. I'm just not used to seeing you with makeup. When was the last time I saw you? Maybe around 3 years ago~ Ninetales said.

I smiled and thanked her, checking my appearance in the mirror one last time before heading downstairs. My mother was already packing all of the food, and she was running around with her monster heels.

"Where is it, where is it, where is it," she rambled, looking for- I'm guessing the tablecloth.

I spotted it under a stool. "Are you looking for this?"

She turned around and said, "Yes! Thank you, Clara."

My mother began packing again, but abruptly stopped to look at me. Okay, if this is the reaction I'm gonna get of everybody, I might as well take off my makeup.

"What?" I asked, walking closer to my mother.

"Nothing, I'm just not used to you wearing makeup," she said. "You look beautiful, by the way."

I smiled. "Thanks mom."

We walked outside, carrying all of the stuff in our arms, and put it all in the car's trunk. Luckily, it all fit, so my mother instantly started the engine.

As we approached our picnic spot, we saw that my mom and I were the last to arrive. Everyone had already set up what they brought, varying from dessert, music, and even some pillows and blankets.