"No, I'm a veterinarian" he answered Isaac's question simply.

Isaac was confused, you could say as he eyed Deaton up and down.

"Unfortunately, I don't see anything here that's going to be an effective defense against paralytic toxin" Deaton told us.

"We're open to suggestions" Derek sighed, probably giving up on finding another solution.

"What about an effective offense?" Isaac asked, looking through the round.

"We already tried" Derek explained. "I nearly took its head off and Argent emptied an entire clip into it. The thing just gets back up."

"Has it shown any weaknesses?" Deaton asked us.

"Well, one... it can't swim" Derek answered.

"Does that go for Jackson as well?"

"No" I muttered. "He's the captain of the swim team."

Deaton nodded, knowing exactly what we were dealing with. "Essentially, you're trying to catch to people" he said turning around and searching for something in the drawers. He turned back around, showing us some kind of a medal. "A puppet... and a puppeteer."

He placed the medal on the table so we could all examine it.

"One killed the husband but the other had to take care of the wife. Do we know why?" Deaton asked us.

A few days ago a young family got hunted in the woods. While the pregnant wife survived the attack, the husband died. The kanima killed him.

After the wife was rescued and delivered her child, someone killed her in her hospital bed and Melissa told us that she didn't die like all the other victims. Which meant that someone else had to kill her.

"I don't think Jackson could do it. His mother died pregnant, too and she was maybe murdered. I think he couldn't let the same thing happen to someone else" Scott explained.

"How do you know it's not part of the rules? The kanima kills murderers. So if Jackson kills the wife, then the baby dies too" Isaac shared his thoughts.

"Does that mean your father was a murderer?" I asked him to which he was speechless first. "Wouldn't surprise me if he was."

"Hold on. The book say they're bonded, right? What if the fear of water isn't coming from Jackson but from the person controlling him?" Deadon asked us and he grabbed one of the jars that obviously was filled with mountain ash. "What if something that affects the kanima also affects its master?" he said while he poured the mountain ash around the medal.

"Meaning what?" Isaac asked, clearly confused by now.

"Meaning we can catch them" I said next to Deaton who nodded proudly. "Both of them!" I breathed out.

"There's got to be some other way to get tickets, right?" Scott asked as we arrived at school the other day.

Stiles picked us all up, asking what we found out since I texted him earlier that we had news. So now we were trying to get tickets to the rave where we could catch Jackson and his master.

"It's a secret show. There's only one way and it's a secret" Stiles rambled and we climbed out of the jeep.

"Hey!" someone shouted behind us. We turned around, seeing as Matt made his way over to us. "Does either of you guys know why no one's getting suspended after what happened the other day at school?"

"Just forget about it. Nobody got hurt" Stiles said, ready to walk away.

"I had a concussion!" Matt revealed but Stiles only grew more impatient. "Well, nobody got seriously hurt."