twenty nine [last]

Start from the beginning

I give him one last glance before I walk out of the room.

That was strange.

I try to wrap my head around what Calum was doing and saying but I couldn't make much sense of it. I couldn't make much sense of anything at the moment, actually. Nothing seemed to flow right in my head and it all seemed like clouded nonsense.

Calum said they needed a life. I'm assuming that's the cost of Calum coming back to life. Someone needed to die for him to come back. There wasn't an option of him coming back so that meant someone was going to die in exchange for him no matter what. I'm guessing that's what Allie is. Allie was the sacrifice for Calum. I just had to make sure she wasn't.

Second door to the left, that's what Calum had said. That's where Allie is.

Left was the other side of the hallway. It was pitch black so I had my hand on the right side of the hall to guide myself. Crossing the blackness to the other side without a way to guide myself didn't seem like a smart option. But I didn't have another option.

I slowly remove my hand from it's comforting place against the wall. Then I run as fast as I can in the direction I assume is the other side of the hall. Everything I'm doing is based solely off instinct, consisting my sight was of no use whatsoever.

My body slams into a wall and let out a sigh of relief. I made it across the hallway. I pat my pocket and curse when I notice my gun fell out. I need that.

I slowly sink down to the ground and begin to blindly search for the gun. My hand moves across the carpeted floor but I can't find the gun.

My hand makes contact with a firm, cold thing. I'm not sure what it is but it doesn't feel pleasant.

The lights of the room flicker on momentarily and I see what I have just touched.

There's a pile of bodies in front of me. All of them are a bloody mess and obviously dead.

I let out a scream and retract my hand. I back up until I'm against the wall again. Ew.

I need to find that gun though. I continue my search, making sure to avoid the newly discovered bodies. I eventually find the gun and slip it into my pocket. I crawl my way back to the wall and stand up, using the wall to guide me.

30 minutes.

Shit, 30 minutes and I had to find the second door to the left. I had no idea how many doors I had passed. I'll just have to take a wild guess.

I feel my way up the hallway and I reach a door. After much internal debate I decide to continue moving to the second door. I reach it and slowly open the door.

Allie's POV

My breathing was slow and smooth. I hadn't felt any pain in a while. I have no way of keeping track of time so I don't know how long it's been but I do know that's it's a lot longer than I've felt without pain recently.

I feel ridiculously weak. I'm laying down on the floor and I feel like I've just ran a marathon. My muscles ache and blood is caked onto my body. I wish I could say all the blood is mine but that would be lying.

I let out a soft sob. What did I do to deserve this? I drag myself and curl up in a ball against the wall.

The room was dimly lit. Just enough for me to see my surroundings. Blood and bodies are everywhere and I wish the room just didn't have light. I wouldn't be able to see the horrors within the room if it was dark.

The door opens and my head shoots up.

"Allie! Oh my god!" Michael runs through the door.

"Michael!" I gasp.