twenty six

Michael's POV

I hear Allie scream in pain and loud sobs come from her mouth.

"Oh my god. Oh my god." I search around the pitch black room with my hands. "Where are you, love? Allie!?"

"Allie!" Calum yells from next to me. At least I know where he is.

There's more screams from all around us. It sounds like the whole hospital is just screams. I hate screaming. I can't help but cringe at all the fearful sounds.

I make my way to a wall and feel my way towards the door. When I reach the door, my hand runs up and down the wall searching for the light switch. I squeeze my eyes shut and attempt to block out the sounds of panic outside the door. I reach the light switch and flip it up, which doesn't do anything.

"Fuck!" I groan in frustration.

I search the door for the door knob and quickly open the door. All the lights outside it are off as well and it doesn't help that the sun is setting, so the windows provide no light.

"Everyone stay in their rooms. It's only a power outage." A voice booms across the hospital.

I look back into my room where there was a tiny bit of light.

"Allie?" I call out. There was no response.

"She's not here, Michael." I hear Calum.

"Where is she?" I almost scream.

"I have no clue." I can make out his silhouette in the darkness.

You need to find her.

Or she'll be dead.

You have 24 hours.

"Calum. Oh my god." I start to hyperventilate. "We have 24 hours to find her and she'll be dead."

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"I MEAN ALLIE IS GOING TO BE DEAD IN 24 HOURS!" I yell, my voice cracking a bit.

"Okay, okay. Calm down." Calum says slowly but I can hear panic in his voice.

"What are we going to do? Fuck, fuck, fuck." I pace around my room. "We need to find her."

"We can't make any rash decisions." Calum tells me.

"No. I need to find her." I run out of the room into the darkness.

"Michael!" Calum calls after me but I continue maneuvering my way through the dark hallway.

"Shit, shit, shit." I mumble as I stumble around the hospital.

"Excuse me, sir?" I hear a voice behind me.

"What?" I snap and turn around, being greeted by a flashlight pointing at my face.

"We are in lockdown so you need to get back to your room." She tells me.

"Why the hell are we in lockdown?" I ask. "It's only a power outage."

"No." She shakes her head. "Some other things are going on."

"Will you tell me?" I ask.

"I can't, I'm sorry. It's classified."

"Well I'm not going to my room." I cross my arms.

"I'm sorry, but you need to -" She was interrupted by something hitting the side of her neck and she crumples to the floor.

Someone grabs the flashlight from the floor and hands it to me, turning on their own flashlight.

"I'm Tristan." He grins.