Chapter Thirteen | Tension & Treats

Start from the beginning

The brunette eyes widen, her heart pounds against her rib cage. Everything is telling her to get out of there but she doesn't want to make a scene. Jenna sits down, still annoyed and confused.

"You know, I find chopping...calming. The feel of the blade in the hand, maybe".

"Psycho" Bella mutters, rolling her eyes and earning a smirk from the man chopping at the bench.

"I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what the hell's going on".

"Well, would you like to tell her, Stefan, Bella or should I?".

"Tell me what?".

"Do you believe in vampires, Jenna? No?".

A chuckle is heard from him before continuing "Well, who does, right? But believe it or not, they do have a place in our history. And as a history teacher, I find them fascinating".

"Why are we talking about this?".

"Well, you've been angry with me for keeping secrets, and this is one of my secrets. I'm obsessed with vampires. There. I said it".

"Are you joking?".

"Not at all. How about you, Stefan? Are you a fan of vampires?" Alaric/Klaus looks at Stefan

"In literature. Bram Stoker. It's dense, but I appreciate it".

"Hmm. Did you know that vampires are the oldest creatures of the night? Except for werewolves, of course". Bella stares at him, glaring.

"Werewolves. Werewolves. Now I know you're joking".

"You know, I've read that there's an Aztec curse on both species that keeps werewolves slaves to the Moon and vampires bound by the Sun. Isn't that right, guys? You know, they say these creatures would do anything to have this curse broken and that they wouldn't care who they had to kill to do it".

-

"I know this all sounds so crazy, but vampires are real. Would you care for some more wine?" Alaric/Klaus reaches for a bottle of wine.

"Get out".

"Excuse me?".

"I don't know what it is you're trying to do or why you're saying these things but-".

"Jenna".

"I said get out!". Stefan stands up, protecting Jenna "You heard her".

"I'm afraid I don't want to".

"Fine! I'll go".

Klaus then picks up a sharp knife causing the brunette to stand up, to make sure Jenna doesn't get hurt. "Don't you dare" She warns.

"You're not going anywhere".

Stefan pushes him against the wall, taking the knife and putting it against his throat.

"Stefan!".

"Jenna, get out of here now!".

"You can't kill me, Stefan and I know that Bella won't" His eyes flicker to hers, catching her cold glare, surprising him slightly.

"Watch me!"

"I may not have a witch protecting me today, but if you kill this body, what's to stop me from choosing Jenna as my next one?".

"Jenna, go"

"But you're...you" Stefan looks at Elena's aunt with veins underneath his eyes and anger evident in his eyes. "I said go".

Jenna rushes out of the house leaving Klaus with the other two

"Kill me. Just remind Elena how easy it will be for me to get my revenge if she tries to stop me from breaking this curse". Stefan punches him, making him fall to the floor and is kicked again before the Salvatore leaves.

He looks up at the female "Ah lovely Bella, care to help?".

"Goodbye Nik".

-

Whilst the Salvatore's bicker upstairs, the brunette vampire walks down to the basement, grabbing a bloodbag. She rips the stopper that keeps the liquid from coming out and lifts it to her lips, breathing a sigh of relief when the blood reaches her mouth. The taste brings back a memory of long ago.

"I have a treat for you, love" Her eyes are full of curiosity to see what Nik has to show her. "What is it?".

Niklaus takes her hand, leading her to another room where a man is standing patiently waiting, obviously compelled. He guides her over to the man, still holding her hand. "Go for it".

She smiles, her vampire veins appearing before her fangs come out, coming closer to the man. Her fangs pierce the skin and dig in deeper, letting the sweet taste flow into her body. After a couple of seconds, Klaus joins her, drinking from the other side of the mans neck.

Isabella is the first to detach her fangs, watching Niklaus drink. Her eyes admire his veiny eyes and determination. With a thud, the body falls letting the two come closer. "Thank you".

Klaus notices a bit of blood on her mouth, taking his finger and wiping it off but tasting it. "My pleasure, love".