Chapter 28: Ringed Happy Luck of Ours

Start from the beginning

“Wait,” he groaned. “I trust you Riley but I don’t trust him! Just put me in speaker, okay?”

“Why the hell—?”

“Please?” he earnestly begged. Ugh, I could see those lips of his, puckering and teasing me. “I won’t say a word! I’ll be in mute!”

“Okay,” I gave in. Because deep inside, I loved the feeling of being guarded by Andrew. I adored his jealousy and protection that constantly surrounded me. But the man had no reason to be jealous. Even though…I loved it. “Andrew, you do understand that I love you…like I have never loved before, right?”

There was thick silence in the other line and I waited patiently for some response. “Andrew? Are you still there?”

Still… nothing.

Crap, I messed it up! Slick move, Riley. That happens when you get all corny!

“…Okay, I’m going to hang up,” I said slowly, almost dreading the awkwardness that will follow.

“Hello?” said a panting Andrew. “Sorry, I was just running ‘round the office and dancing my victory dance.”

Laughing, I dropped the bags and held the phone tighter. “You were seriously doing that?”

“The woman that has my heart just told me she loved me like she had never loved before! How do you want me to react at that?”

“Will you actually—?” Suddenly, my sight caught Jason waving at me from the café’s inside. “Andrew, say your last words because I’m going inside and you’re going to be in mute. Over and out.”

“Well, remember that if I had to choose between breathing and loving you, I would use my last breath to say, I love you,” he cloyingly said, “Roger that. Good luck, soldier. If he hits on you, rip the contract apart.”

“Roger,” I giggled. “I love you, Boba.”

“I love you, Butch,” Andrew replied, using the same dreamy tone I wrought.

Pocketing my phone on my coat’s pocket, I held the bags again and entered the café. As soon as I headed towards him, I prayed that nothing wrong happened. “Hello, Jason.”

“Oh, hi there, Riley,” Jason quickly rose and dashed to me. “Glad you could make it.”

“Ha-ha, you make it sound like a date or something,” I joked, shooting some signals between lines. “So, let’s get this over with, shall we?”

“Should I help you?” Jason motioned the bags I had and swiftly went to carry them if it wasn’t for my velocity.

“No, don’t worry,” I replied, grabbing the bags and slumping on the chair across from his. “Now, let’s make it quick, okay?”

 Jason chuckled, “Why the hurry? You just got here, Riley. You don’t want a coffee or a—?”

“No, thank you.” Smilingly, I dug out my phone and placed it on top of the table. “Mr. Lukewood couldn’t make it—“

“Yes, Larry called me, telling me that you’d come in his name. I got all the papers here.” Smoothly, Jason unfolded some papers he held and skimmed through the right page. “Here, I already signed and well, since Andrew or Larry couldn’t make it, I assume you will.”

“No, actually, I’m just going to bring the papers back with me and send you a copy of the signed contract via fax. Also, Andrew has to review some clauses and make sure that everything’s fair and equal for both companies.”