Chapter 10

Leaning against the door frame with my arms crossed over my chest, I looked on as Nik spoke to the hunter

Leaning against the door frame with my arms crossed over my chest, I looked on as Nik spoke to the hunter. "Are you feeling all right, mate? Are the shackles too tight?" Faint footsteps were heard and I turned my head, seeing Rebekah and Stefan walk in. Rebekah immediately came over to me, wrapping her arms around me.

"Ellie! Are you all right? What happened? Nik told me you had been attacked," she questioned, pulling back.

"I'll explain later," I mumbled, nodding my head towards Stefan. She nodded hers in response before turning to look at her brother.

"Welcome home, sister."

"This is a trick?" She asked, looking up at the hunter. "How do you know he's one of the Five? Where's his bloody tattoo?

"Oh, the tattoos aren't visible on this lot like they were on the last. Let's eat." As Nik walked out of the room, he stopped next to me, holding his hand out. Smiling up at him, I took it, lacing our fingers together. Getting to the table, I noticed there was some bread and fruit in the middle with champagne glasses next to each plate. Nik pulled my chair out for me, pushing it in and placing a kiss on my forehead when I sat down before moving to the chair next to mine and taking his own seat. As soon as we were all seated, a human girl that Nik had compelled, came around placing food on each of our plates. "Thank you, my lovely," Nik said to her and I sent him a look. He saw the look I gave him, scooting my chair closer to his before putting his hand on my thigh. "I could kiss the council for burning up all the vervain in this town. They made my life so much easier. Rebekah, love, eat your veggies," he said, turning his attention to her.

"She's not a child, Nik. Don't treat her like one," I commented and he sent me a glare.

"I'm not eating till you apologize," she returned.

"For which indiscretion? There have been so many."

"You broke my neck."

"You threw away Elena's blood so I can't make any more hybrids."

"You took me for granted!"

"That's what big brothers do, sweetheart!" Nik started to get frustrated, so I put my hand on top of the one he had placed on my thigh, giving it a gentle squeeze.

"Let me just name the million other people I'd rather be having dinner with right now," Stefan chimed in and I chuckled.

"Luckily for you, you can leave whenever you want. I'm stuck with these two," I responded, lifting my glass up to my lips.

"All right. Fine. I'm sorry. I often forget how fragile you are. Forgive me?"

"I'll take it under consideration," she responded, dryly.

"Okay, good," Stefan commented, clearing his throat. "Now, why don't you tell me about Rebekah's hunter?"

"Right. Alexander. Nice chap, forgoing the obvious issues. He was looking for creatures of the night, which is why we felt quite safe around him wearing our daylight rings," Nik began to explain, recalling the memories he had about a weapon.

"So, that's what this is about? A weapon?" Stefan asked, clearly confused.

"Not just any weapon," Rebekah cut in.

"Rebekah, love, don't get ahead of the story," Nik commented and she rolled her eyes.

"How is a weapon the answer to all of my prayers?" Stefan asked, looking between the two siblings. They simply looked at each other with raised eyebrows, waiting to see if the other would explain. "Okay. Why don't we just skip the theatrics and get right to the point?"

"Not quite yet. Because in order to find this weapon, we need to solve the puzzle, which seems to have disappeared," Nik spoke.

"What puzzle?" Nik raised his eyebrows at Stefan. "The tattoo? What is it?"

"A map. Leading us to its treasure."

"Fat lot of good a tattoo's going to do if we can't see it," Rebekah chimed in.

"We can't, but someone else can. Why don't you tell the hybrid to bring him in, love?" Nik said, turning to the human girl who was standing a few feet away. "You see, the hunter was so eager to get to the bottom of his mystery tattoos that he mentioned there was only one other person who could see them." Stefan furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. The hybrid entered the room, holding onto the scruff of Jeremy's t-shirt. Stefan got up, speeding over to Jeremy, but I beat him there, blocking his path. Pushing his chair back, Nik stood, "I wouldn't. Lucky for us, young Jeremy here is a bit of an artist."

"I'm not helping you with anything," Jeremy stated. Quickly reaching over, I grabbed Jeremy's ring off of his finger, tossing it to Nik, who caught it.

"I'm afraid you are," Nik smirked.

Don't think I forgot about you guys ;)

This is one of my favorite outfits. I really like the red glitter heels.

My character and her story are of my own imagination. They belong to me and nobody else. Please do not steal. Copyright 2017.