Boris' Gambit

We approached The Gamemaster and others, the odds weren't looking so good. While Boris still stood, his COMs did too. Not as many of course, much thinner, but still would prove an issue for just five Admins, albeit our powers were out of this world. "So, you've stricken down my brother, and now have come to finish me off, eh? Well it's gonna take a lot to topple me you sick bastards!" With that, he seemed to have a smug look on his face, when Marianna and Sorin gasped. "H-his power...that buff, it-it doesn't make any sense!" I was about to ask what, when The GM spoke up, "The Twins have a passive buff that looks like they up-ed. What it does in theory and in action is quite simple. Whenever one dies, the other gets a 100% stat increase buff. I apologize for not emphasizing the importance of killing both off within relative close time frames to each-other. We managed to get him down to half while you two made your way over." With that, a resounding, "CHAAAAAAAAAAARGE!" was heard from the leader Boris. "Formation! Glacial Pike!" The formation was that of a spearhead at the front and long pole in the back. With five people, we looked like idiots. It quickly dissolved into us killing off COMs as fast as we could. All of us sustained injuries that could quite easily, turn the tide of battle. "Damn it! We're getting too overwhelmed Gamemaster, the only logical thing to do is to pull back!" He shook his head and returned words, "No, if we pull back now, all we'll have sacrificed will be for naught!" There was an audible sigh, and with a defeated tone, "Yeah....yeah, fine. But if we lose, this is on you." We pushed forward and actually made a large swathe of open land. The COMs were scattering and Boris looked bewildered, like he didn't expect us to make it past. "Well. This truly is a surprise, you all survived. I must offer congratulations, however it appears that it will be quite short lived, seeing as how I must kill you all." And with a sweep of his sword, the ground beneath was cut, almost as if the blade itself had elongated to slice the terrain in the arc that he did. He must've swung with such force that the air was pushed to make such a dent. "Wh- We haven't even see anything like this!" cried Marianna. "Boris is a melee fighter with increased stats, Marianna, create another ice storm, Sorin, begin a series of Arcane traps. HiTech, you're with me, make sure you don't get in too close, the plan is, we lead him into the traps, because of Mari's storm his vision will be obscured, each trap he hits will lower his health, as will the constant attack we'll be pressing against him. And remember, DO NOT GET HIT." With those inspiring words, we set our plan into motion. "Well it appears as if you're trying to make me blind, huh? Not gonna work, I'll still mow you down! For me, and my brother!" A war cry could be heard, with another slash towards Marianna who was deep in focus, dark clouds were already gathering. The Gamemaster moved quick, he raised his dagger, Rigormortis.

Rigormorits- ( https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjjvsXZkKXTAhXCJCYKHQubAdoQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fdb.rising-gods.de%2F%3Fitem%3D44091&bvm=bv.152479541,d.eWE&psig=AFQjCNG1Kq8pqy8Bavi0lRqJlHVK91cjzQ&ust=1492299943982939 )

The deflection was quite precise. "Good job Corcius, that was quite unexpected." The Gamemaster growled out, "It was nothing too hard, you've lost some luster Boris." He gave a snarl and his mouth twisted into a sickening grin. "Face my never ending might!" He charged The GM, but at that instant, right before he hit. A large chunk of hail hit Boris square on his head, "Ow! What the-" He looked back to see if The GM was still there, he wasn't. We all looked around, The GM appeared next to me, his red blade glistening crimson, "Go! He's paralyzed momentarily!" When I gave him a look of skepticism he quickly explained, "I have a blade specially coded, when Rigormortis happens to a body, the third stage of death, the body stiffens up, a form of paralysis, my blade causes 25 seconds of this whenever someone is hit by it, NOW GO!" According to counting, we had approximately 15 seconds left. I moved forward cautiously, and then once all seemed fine, I ran at the bastard. Slice and Dice, a series of flurried attacks meant to be a burst of DPS. I saw him struggle against invisible ropes, holding him in place. His HP dropping at a steady rate, my attack was almost over, and the debuff counting down even faster, by calculations inside my head, he would be able to hit me before I dealt the maximum amount I could've. I pulled away just as his sword, frozen mid-swing, finished its path. "YOU LITTLE PIECE OF-!" He looked around for anyone in the storm a shadowy realm now. "Where the hell did you all go...?" He looked around for us all. Wandering through the darkness, I wondered why he couldn't see us as clearly as we could him. I asked this through the Comm, Sorin replied, "I wove a special spell to increase our sight in the dark, it will only last for a little while with the traps I still need to place." We moved into our positions, The Gamemaster struck again, "DAMN IT CORCIUS, FIGHT ME LIKE A MAN!" Apparently the paralysis only affected limb movement. We all moved forward and launched attacks at him, the buff could only help him so much. Soon he was at a quarter health, and that's when things got bad. In addition to the "Avenging Wrath" buff from Rulin's death, he now has a health and strength buff called, "Berserk" for 25%. "Now we put into effect those traps you placed Sorin. Begin trans locating him around." With that, Marianna and Sorin combined forces, moving him over the traps, I assume it must've taken a lot of effort. Their faces were scrunched up in focus and in pain probably. "YOU. WILL NOT. KILL ME THIS DAY." I was confused for a moment until a seeming glitch happened, his body was split in half and both parts were moved up and down. And then, poof, he was gone. The game announcer, an angel with a laurel wreath and a golden sword in hand, pointed to our side of the battle field that we entered from and said, "To the victor's go the spoils, revel in your victory Sylvan Syndicate!" The glass half bowl shattered on her last words and shot towards The Gamemaster in a beam, with a bang he absorbed it all, probably re-routing it to one of our server farms elsewhere. Where he once stood, a portal now was, our safe way of getting back into the real world, and back to Rose.

I woke up with a start in my office chair, threw of my headset, and ran outside, Sorin and Marianna were already coming out of Rose's room. Mari with tears in her eyes, and Sorin with a grim look on his face, "HiTech....you're not gonna like this."

Song: https://youtu.be/yRh-dzrI4Z4