The Drums of War

I waltzed into the Gamemaster's office, audio tape in hand. Sorin had told me he would turn it in. You can imagine how well that went seeing as how I'm doing it. Anyways, I put it onto the desk, the GM looking at me from behind his holo-screen monitor. He shut it off momentarily, raising an eyebrow at me. I said, "It's the audio log you requested us to use. I'm returning it." He nodded, and raised his hand in a certain motion, bringing it back to life. Then, Marianna walked in, Rose not far behind. She looked at the Gamemaster, past me, which kinda killed me inside a little. She said in a cold voice, Irish tongue prominent, "We have an incoming raid on the radar. Big one by the size of it. Rally the forces." He had a small look of surprise on his face, but it passed just as quickly, as if he was aware this day was coming. I then asked, "Which organization? Any big ones we know of?" She looked over to me, cold and dead, which further killed me. "None. This is a different one all together, almost as if it was non existent up until this day." I nodded, mouthed, "Ah" and shut up. Sorin then came flying into the room, papers flying, "Gamemaster! We have an incomi-" A look from everyone shut him up, "Oh, you all, heh, you already know, right, so what're we doing about it?" FastForward then proceeded to scare the hell out of everyone by pretty much phasing out of the wall, "We're discussing options of attack," He looked to Marianna, "What formation are they approaching in?" She glanced down at her tablet, a look of surprise crossed her face, then one of confusion, "I uh- I don't know. We haven't seen this before, it's entirely new." She turned to me, showing me the tablet, then projecting up on the big screen in the room. The Gamemaster took one look at it, then at FastForward, then back at the screen. "It's The Twins." We all looked at one another in confusion, except for FF, he knew. He definitely knew. "It's the Formation, look at it, it's a clear give away....ah, right, none of you are old enough to even begin to know of their tales. A small backstory then, The GM and I used to run an even bigger Syndicate than this. He was the Head of it, I was his Secret Adviser, and the main Council consisted of The Twins, Yvonette DeLarue, and F8. The Twins conspired against The GM, F8 and Yvonette filled him on it, I gathered most of the dirt though. The night he came and got you, Marianna, was the night they burned the building to the ground." Marianna pretty much kept her look, except a small amount of surprise dancing across it. "Right," he said callign everyone's attention back to the matter at hand, "The plan of battle, we come up from both sides, usurping both, then cut a swathe across both eyes, straight to the center, hold our ground, and cut them from center out." The formation, if I hadn't mentioned, was that of two large eyes, narrow, and predator like. Everyone looked at the map, considering the validity of his claim. The GM spoke up for the first time, "I trust his plan, knowing the twins, one is situated at the iris of each eye. We're going with it. We're splitting into two admin groups though. One specializing taking care of the Berserker, the one with high defense and high attack, he can take a fuck ton of hits. The other is a Spelltheif, Rose, this is where your training is gonna come in, you, HiTech, and Marianna take care of Rulin, the Spelltheif, Sorin, FF, and I will take care of Boris, the Berserker. Now that that's settled, BATTLE STATIONS!"

I plugged into the cyberspace, my avatar showing up in blue and white pixels, then, instead of SEEING him, I WAS him. My dagger appeared at my side. I'm a huge nerd when it comes to Game of Thrones so I had it recoded to the Catspaw Blade. I love it. Anyways, I got into the arena, everyone quickly spawning in around me, the botnets loaded in first, then the 20 some odd people at their stations, then the GM, Marianna, followed by Rose, and then Sorin and FF at the same time. It went roughly the same with the other side, just replace the GM and Marianna with Rulin and Boris I found it weird however, that they didn't have any admins showing up, just those two, ten normal people, and botnets. The Gamemaster seemed to be elevated above us all, along with Boris and Rulin, actually, they WERE moving up. Platforms were being raised where the Admins stood, later did I learn this was to show rank among all. We would jump down once trash cleared trash. The Gamemaster, however, had different ideas. He nodded to FastFoward and Sorin, our main two casters. They began a spell code, FF I believe was making a bomb of time, a Chrono-Bomb if you will, and Sorin was making a large Arcane Missiles spell. The Twins merely laughed and positioned themselves in as good of a fighting stance as they could get. The spells were launched off with a bang, the missles splitting in to two groups, close, but far enough away that they'd hit both targets, hopefully throwing them off their respective platforms. Boris put his sword, lengthwise across his body diagonally, then flipping the blade so the flat side was facing us, I realized then that he intended to take the hit. Reflecting it off the flat of his blade or worse. Rulin on the other hand, was standing very still, Shuriken in hand. It flew at the spells coming towards him, the collided in a very large bang. The explosion was huge, and affected those below. Fortunately, however, we all managed to be knocked off our platforms. We fell down below. I was knocked out in the fall.

(Song: https://youtu.be/SKXHTxj3wcM)