Chapter 2

Beep...Beep...Beep. I hear. I open my eyes and look up.
"Liv?" I ask. I rush over to her bed.
"Yeah babe, I'm here." She says, with a rough voice.
I look down at her big brown eyes, that are finally open.
"I thought I lost you." I say, tears running down my face.
"Can't get rid of me that easy, Manda." She says, with a soft chuckle. "Can you get me some water?" She asks.
"Sure, I'll be right back." A nurse says.
"How do you feel?" I ask.
"Like I died and came back to life." She says with a small laugh.
I laugh along with her, until her face gets serious.
"Did you get him?" She asks, tears coming to her eyes.
"He...he got away, but Liv, before you freak out, we have an APB out for him. We'll find him, okay? I won't let him hurt you again." I say, kissing her hand.
She looks away, trying to contain her tears. Then out of nowhere, starts laughing. I start laughing along with her, nervously.
"Umm, did I miss something?" I ask, still holding her hand.
"Its just funny. I have survived so much. I had my throat slit, the whole deal with my mom, I was raped, kidnapped. Its just funny, that I almost died AGAIN, because of some idiot with a gun. Given he did attack you and Detective Tamore." She says.
I nervously wipe my hands on my pants.
"Yeah well, he won't touch you again. I'll make sure of it." I say, quietly.
She laughs, "how are you going to do that? You couldn't even protect yourself." She says, looking away.
"What?" I ask, in disbelief.
"You heard me. You could have stopped him. But you didn't. You probably just wanted it. You always were a whore." She says, scoffing.
I feel the tears welling up.
"That's not true. This isn't you." I say, still denying the words coming out of her mouth.
"You couldn't handle what he did, and now I'm in a hospital bed. Do the math." She says.
"I didn't want this to happen!" I say, basically yelling.
"Could have fooled me." She says.
"Why are you talking like this? This isn't you." I say again.
"Better believe it. Cause I don't love you anymore. Nobody does." She says, softly.
"Look at me amanda! I'm here, in a fucking hospital bed, and there you are. Not a scratch on you." She yells.
"Im sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen. If I could switch places, I would in a fucking heartbeat." I say.
"You could. Just shoot yourself. Then we'll be even." She says.
My eyes widen at the thought.
"How could you say that to me?" I ask.
"You were close enough before. Just put a bullet in you, and then everything will be better." She says.
"I love you." I say, wiping the stray tears away from my eyes.
"Isn't that a pity?" She says.
I walk out of the hospital, still in disbelief.
I make my way to the cross walk, and don't stop.
I hear a car horn, and then nothing.

*hey guys, tell me how you liked this chapter, I know it's hella short but I just randomly started writing and wasn't sure what to do with it so leave a comment and a vote and let me know!