//Chapter 44.5 \\

** WARNING MATURE CONTENT AHEAD....SMUT ...... IF YOU'RE NOT MATURE ENOUGH FOR SUCH CONTENT, PLEASE DON'T READ IT**

~ Talia's POV~

The night before Ace's execution everyone was on edge. Everything was in place to carry out our plan. It had been days since Marco and I had spoken, after the announcement of Ace's execution date I was busy going over plans with Oyaji and working on finishing up my secret project. Things were off between us and it was tearing me up inside. Was this the end of us?

Tears welled in my eyes as the thought crossed my mind. I didn't want things to be over between us, I'd been hoping we'd progress our relationship to the next level soon and become more serious. Another more troublesome thought crossed my mind, tomorrow everything would be set in motion to rescue Ace, there'd no doubt be a full-scale war. What if something happened to one of us and I never got the chance to tell him how much I loved him?

My tears fell freely after this thought and I furiously wiped at my eyes before sprinting out of the library towards Marco's room. I couldn't leave anything unsaid between us, I couldn't leave things the way they were now.

"MARCO!" I screamed his name as I tore across the deck only to have my breath catch in my throat as I spotted him running toward me.

"TALIA!" He yelled my name and I felt my heart sing.

He caught me in his strong arms and desperately held me against him while capturing my lips in a passionate kiss instantly taking my breath away. Desperate tears streamed down my cheeks as I threw my arms around him and kissed him back with fervor.

I broke away from him, gasping, "I love you, Marco."

His electric blue eyes burned with desire, "I love you, Talia." He stole my lips in another sinfully sweet kiss that made my head swim.

I let out a squeak as he swept me off my feet without breaking our kiss and managed to carry me in the direction of his bedroom without difficulty. My body thrummed with excitement and anticipation as we made it to his bedroom and he kicked the door shut behind us before balancing me against him with one arm as he reached out with his freehand to lock the door behind us.

Once more I broke the kiss, and wriggled out of his arms before turning to face him. My breathing came in short shallow needy breaths. His electric blue eyes did unspeakable things to my heart as he looked me over hungrily. I took a tentative step forward and splayed my hands across his bare chest and nearly gasped at the electric jolt that ignited beneath my fingertips as I touched his bare skin. My hands slid up his muscular torso and I slid his simple purple open front jacket off his shoulders.

My heart raced as he grabbed me by the waist and pulled me toward him somewhat aggressively causing my knees to weaken. I threw my arms around his neck to steady myself as my skin burned beneath his touch. He placed a finger to my lips to stop me from kissing him and threw me a serious look.

"Are you sure about this?"

"More sure than I've ever been about anything." I breathed but still noticed hesitation in his gaze, "Please, Marco."

A low almost animalistic growl escaped him at this and I yelped as he swept me into his arms once more and leapt into his nest like bed before setting me on my feet so he could reach for my cotton blue baby doll dress. I felt a sudden vulnerability as he pulled the fabric away from my body and I became hyperaware of all the scars littering my arms legs and torso from the spells I had woven to save Thatch. I hid my body behind my long frosty pink locks to the best of my ability.

Sensing my self-consciousness, Marco lightly caught one of my hands in his and lifted it to his lips before bending to kiss the scars littering my arm sending delightful shivers down my spine as his lips gently caressed my scarred skin. He kneeled before me so he could kiss the scars on my torso and I felt something burn in my core as his lips got close to my pelvic region.