// Chapter Twenty Four \\

~Talia's POV~

                There was a lot of tension between Ace and Marco, tension that I hadn't noticed upon our first interaction with the three of us. I didn't like it. Nor did I understand it, they seemed like they'd be great friends if they'd just give it a chance, so what was getting in the way?

                "What are you doing up there, Little One?" Thatch's warm comforting voice called from the deck as he peered up at my perch atop the roof of the library in concern.

                I peered over the edge leaning over so that I could get a better look below.

                "Oy! Be careful." Thatch panicked and scrambled about below worrying I'd fall and trying to pinpoint the exact location to stand to catch me.

                I puffed my cheeks out and put on my best pouty face before rolling back onto the roof completely concealed from view.

                "Get down from there before you hurt yourself." He pleaded.

                "No." I argued childishly.

                "Why are you pouting?" His voice sounded as if it were getting closer.

                I chanced a glance over the edge and squealed as I almost smacked my face into his. He was climbing up the edge of the cabin. He chuckled and swung himself up beside me.

                "I'm not pouting." I grumbled as I folded my arms in front of me.

                "Looks like pouting to me." Thatch snickered as he threw his arm across my shoulders and held me close. "What's bothering you?"

                I hesitated as I leaned against him grateful for his warm embrace as the winds had begun to shift and there was a sudden chill in the air.

                "Lover's quarrel?" He teased me.

                I flopped backward onto the deck with a groan and buried my face in my hands.

                "If you don't answer, there will be tickling." Thatch threatened.

                "Not tickling!" I cried dramatically.

                Deciding the only way he could talk to me was to get to my level of absurdity, he took on a dramatic pose, "Oh yes, there will be tickling!" He said sternly adding a creepy wiggle of his eyebrows for good measure.

                "Anything but that!" I squealed. Alerting a good portion of the crew to our antics in the process.

                "What on earth are you two doing up here?" Izo sighed as he smartly climbed up the ladder on the opposite side of the cabin.

                "Stuff." I giggled.

                Izo chuckled at this, "Silly me, I should have known."

                "Good timing, you hold her down, I shall commence the ticklin-."

                'THWACK'

                Izo glared down at Thatch menacingly brandishing his remaining sandal in his hand like a weapon as the other was currently lodged in Thatch's auburn pompadour. "What perverse thoughts are running through that thick skull of yours?!" He seethed.