Chapter Twenty Two

Start from the beginning

"Hey Becca," Scott says sounding rather frantic. "I think that weasel is still in my attic but I don't know what to do. I know you told me to man up and go catch up but I've thought about it a lot, and I don't think this is a job for a man. This requires precise and accurate planning from an intelligent female who can do it herself while I keep a close look out."

"Scott," I say and I hear a deep intake of breath from his side of the line. "Are you really scared of a weasel?"

"Abby?" He asks and pauses for a moment. "I was kind of hoping for Becca...that's kind of why I called her phone."

"Am I not intelligent enough of a female to help you with this?"

"That's not what I meant."

"Becca's out right now, but do you want me to come by and help you out?"

"Since when does Becca leave without taking her phone?"

"She must've forgot it," I say thankful that Becca hasn't resorted to banging on the door as I stand in here with her stolen phone. "Just give me your address and I can drop by and help."

"I can just wait for Becca."

"She might be out a while though, I don't mind coming right now."

"You don't have to-"

"But I want to," I say as I plead with him. I know that trying to get a weasel out of his attic won't be the best setting for us to have a serious talk, but right now I'm just trying to spend time with him. Much needed time that I've been missing out on. "Besides I'm not doing anything for the rest of the day."

Scott finally caves in and gives me the address as I silently give myself a pat on the back. It's going to take a lot of work but I'm going to try and fix whatever is going on between two of us. I think I'm really starting to understand what I have to do and I'm kicking myself for not having done it while I was still with him. I've never had to put my two cents in while I was in a relationship. I used to think that I was happy when I was with Parker for the time that I did date him. But I didn't know what happy really felt like until I started dating Scott. 

The relationship I had with Parker is a tricky one to try and explain. But a lot of the time that I was with him it felt one sided. Don't get me wrong, Parker was a good boyfriend before he went crazy, but he absolutely hated the idea of me doing anything for him. I probably should've noticed that something was wrong with him back then, when he would get pissed just because I got him a present of some sort. Now that I think about it more, it seems as though he planted this idea in my head that that was how every guy I dated would be. 

It's true what people say, that your first boyfriend will always leave an impression on you of how you're going to date in the future. I think that's where my relationship with Scott went downhill. My thought process has been based off of my only past boyfriend who is currently serving several years for attempted murder. When I should have been focusing on what was in front of me, what was really important.