Chapter 26

His eyes darkened. He looked at me through his lashes and licked his teeth. He held me with one arm around my back, the other under my knees, like I was a bride about to cross the threshold of his home. His gaze dropped to my lips. 'Put your arms around my neck and give me your mouth,' Cullen ordered.

'Okay,' I whispered. I clasped my hands around his shoulders and pulled myself up to touch his lips with mine. I kissed him tentatively then with more enthusiasm as the tingle in my special place unwound.

He used his foot to open the door to his castle. I broke our kiss to look around. Partly because I was curious, mostly because he'd only just demanded that his staff left, so it was unlikely they'd all gone and he was naked and kissing me.

Cullen growled and said, 'Kitten, your mouth.'

I turned back to him and he caught my bottom lip in his teeth. He pushed his tongue into my mouth and made me moan as he took the stairs two at a time. I placed my hands in his wet curls and closed my eyes, giving myself up to him wholly, caught in the web of sensation he was weaving just with a simple kiss.

My stomach dipped, as I remembered the significance of this moment. The claiming. The transition. The seed becoming suddenly fertile so I could give him babies. The bite. Oh, shit.

I opened my eyes. We were in his bedroom. We sat on his large bed kissing, with me in his lap.

He rubbed over my heart. 'Passion or fear?'

'Both,' I said honestly.

'My love, my little one.' He rubbed his face along mine, his stubble prickled my cheek. 'It will hurt for a moment then you will feel so much pleasure that you will beg me to do it again.' He buried his face in my hair and took a deep breath through his nose. 'And again.' He undid my top. 'And again. But I won't need to because you will already be mine.'

He pulled my shirt off. Feeling suddenly shy, I attempted to cover my breasts from his gaze.

'Kitten,' he growled and pulled my arms behind my back, holding them there in one hand. His other hand pulled out the tie from my hair and he stroked his fingers through it, breathing heavily, looking at the strands like they were treasured jewels. 'Keep your hands behind your back. I need to touch you,' he ordered in a soft, low voice.

'Okay,' I whispered squirming in his lap. Dragon Cullen was so hot. My eyes fluttered closed.

'Look at me,' he said. 'I have waited too long for this.'

I looked into his his eyes as he reached around me, pushed me back to lie against his solid arm and I cried out as he placed both hands on my breasts. He gently kneaded and caressed them. 'I held you like this in my arms on my horse, the first moment I saw you. And my dragon...' he panted. 'My dragon urged me to stop riding, throw you onto the grass, rip open your shirt and bare your breasts to me so I could touch you like this.'

Crikey. I kept my arms behind my back and rolled my head into his neck as waves of heat spiralled down into my sex.

He held the palm of one hand over my nipple and tortured me by moving it in slow circles. 'And then I had to lie in the room below you as you slept. For five nights I wrestled with my dragon. My dragon didn't care that you were injured. My dragon wanted nothing more than to touch you here.' His other hand cupped me intimately.

'No, Cullen. I will come.'

'Yes, you will,' he breathed and moved his hand more firmly, pushing the soaking material inside my hot centre.

But I had other plans. I pushed myself off him, intending to remove the rest of my clothes but he gripped me tight and I didn't move an inch.

He lowered his lips to my ear and whispered, 'What's the rush? I'm very big. I need you wet.'