02

"How are you not surprised?"Andrea questioned as she leaned against the headboard of the bed.

Ezekiel slowly sat down on the edge of it and shrugged it off.

"It's not that hard to understand it. I was born a werewolf and magic turned me into a vampire,"he explained.

"The rest of my siblings, however, were made into vampires. That is all they've ever been and will be,"he said.

She glanced down at her stomach and rested a hand on it. Ezekiel shut his eyes and listened in on her heartbeat and the heartbeat of his child.

"I can't stay too long,"he cleared his throat and stood up.

"You're afraid,"she said, reading the change in his expression and the way he avoids her eyes.

"What is there for me to be afraid of?"he scoffed.

"The witches won't harm you. You and our child will be fine."

"No... You're afraid of this, just like I am. You're scared that you won't be worthy to be this child's father,"she said as her lips slowly lifted to form a smile.

"I don't think it's something to smile about,"Ezekiel said with a frown.

He paced around the room before facing her, and with a deep breath, he decided to tell her of his dark past.

"My father used to be the greatest man I looked up to,"he began and he sat on the edge of the table leaned against the wall.

"The man before he knew of my mother's repeated affair and the man after were so so... different."

"Little brother, will you taste this for me?"Rebekah called out to him as she used a spoon to scoop up the soup she made using their mother's recipe.

Ezekiel neared her and she fed him. He nodded in approval.

"It tastes incredible. Mother won't have to cook for us anymore, you shall do the cooking from now,"he joked and she rolled her eyes.

"There is more to learn, my daughter,"Esther smiled and stroked her hair gently.

"Where is he?"they hear the angry search of Mikael.

"Mother,"Ezekiel gasped and his eyes turned to the woman in fear.

"Don't be afraid,"Esther whispered.

"Hiding behind your mother, boy?"Mikael entered the room and pulled out his belt.

"I have done nothing wrong,"Ezekiel said.

Mikael grabbed his arm and pulled him. Ezekiel refused to follow and fought back, snatching his arm out of Mikael's grasp.

"You dare disobey me?"Mikael questioned.

"I am not afraid of you,"Ezekiel muttered.

Esther pushed Rebekah behind her.

"Mikael, please. What has he done wrong except to taste his sister's cooking?"she frowned.

"Silence! He's a coward and an abomination, just like Niklaus. He deserves to be treated like one,"Mikael spat and raised his hand with the belt.

"Even on days where I didn't do anything, he would find fault in what I do,"Ezekiel said.

"He just turned into this angry man that I didn't recognize... and I don't want to be like him."

"You won't be like him,"Andrea said confidently.

"How can you be so sure? Have you met my family? Have you seen my brother?"he scoffed.