3.0

"first of all, what the fuck? at least say good morning not scare me."

i pouted. you chuckled and patted my head. "i'm sorry, you're cute when being teased."

i grew red and avoided your eyes. you noticed and cleared your throat. "i'm... sorry, it's not my place to say that."

"and one more thing," i took a deep breath. "minhyuk and i are not in a relationship."

you gasped, "what? why? did you two break up? is it because... we kissed? and he found out? oh my god, i feel guilty now, i'm sorry sumi. i should've not interfered. please go back together and tell him i'm sorry for being a dick. i knew you two were happy in your relationship and i don't know what got into me when we kissed-"

"shh!" i covered your mouth. "we were never in a relationship to begin with."

"wait... what?" you muffled under my hand. "what do you mean?"

i knew this was the moment i've been waiting for. you stared into me, looking like you were willing to listen with all ears. i was dead-nervous.

my life would change. if i tell you, it's either you feel the same way or reject me.

"this might sound a bit crazy, but we had this small plan of going to the coffee shop together just to see how you'd react. i didn't know he was going to claim he was my boyfriend and i felt guilty because it's like i was fooling you. it didn't feel right either, because he's my best friend. i didn't know how to handle myself and i couldn't stop myself from seeing you. i have been pretty messed up lately, but when i saw you, there's something in me that sparked. you were something i held onto even if i knew it was never gonna be us. and when you took me to the coffee shop the other night, it made me even more attached to you and i just couldn't handle it. i couldn't stand not telling you the truth and here i am being an idiot in front of you-"

"all this because of me?"

you pinned me on the brick wall and i was trapped in both of your arms. my mind was trying to process what was going on.

you gazed intently into my eyes before closing the gap between us. it was winter cold outside, but warmth encircled us. i felt a tear run down my cheek. tears of ease, that i finally said it.

i felt you smile against my lips. i can't help but to smile as well.

"i love you too, sumi."

[ 042017 ]

*meanwhile. . . the author is dying and had several heart attacks trying to write this story. she is now trying to cope with herself by eating tubs of ice cream.*