Part Six

Lauren's waiting for Normani by the time she comes out of class since she only had one class the whole day. She's leaning by her car, looking intently at her phone, dressed in all black with a red flannel tied around her waist and Normani just can't help but smile when she sees her.

It's so odd to her how happy Lauren makes her without even trying. And she hates it because she has no idea when it happened, but at the same time the thought of not having it any more makes her feel uneasy in the worst way possible. That's why she freaked out so bad this morning when she thought Lauren was with another girl.

She thinks it would probably be best to find an actual girlfriend, or boyfriend sometime soon before her heart gets even more stupid for this girl.

"Hey baby." Lauren says when she finally sees Normani.

Normani crosses her arms, she needs to be more serious about putting more space between her and Lauren so other potentially interested people know that she's totally available. Totally.

"Not your baby."

Lauren's lips quirk in a tiny smile that tries hiding her amusement and but fails. She puts her phone in her pocket and pulls Normani closer by the waist, "did you have a good day?" She asks, rubbing the small of Normani's back.

"No." Normani's traitorous hand finds it's way to the skin exposed under Lauren's crop top. She spreads her fingers all around and she hates how much she loves the feel of Lauren's soft skin under her fingers.

Lauren, disrespectful human that she is, chuckles. Like Normani's bad day is amusing to her. This, this right here is why Normani needs to find herself a girlfriend or boyfriend. She'll be too busy with her new boo to tolerate Lauren's annoying presence in her life.

Lauren kisses her forehead. "We're having dinner at that new Italian place that you've wanted to go to for a while. That should lighten up your mood."

Okay. So, Normani's going to bring up the finding a boyfriend/girlfriend thing up tomorrow. The Italian place has amazing reviews online. Normani has wanted to go there for so damn long.

"How did you make this happen?" Happiness seeps into Normani's voice without her consent.

"I have my ways," Lauren shrugs, her free hand moving to play with one of Normani's braids.

"You're such a dork." Normani impulsively places a kiss on her cheek. Then she frowns at herself and slaps Lauren's chest when the other girl laughs. "I hate you." She grumbles.

"Of course you do." Come on," she lets go of Normani to open the door for her. "Our reservation's at seven."

Normani scowls and glares at Lauren. She crosses her arms. "I can open my doors all by myself, Lauren. I have two hands you know. Two very capable hands."

Lauren blinks once, twice, she looks at the car door then at Normani, "you want me to close it so you can open it for yourself?"

"Yes."

"Okay." Lauren closes the door and moves aside.

"Thank you." Normani says primly and opens the door herself. She can feel Lauren's eyes on her and even without looking at her, she knows that that annoying is amused. She's always so amused. Wait 'til Normani finds herself a boy/girlfriend, see how amused she'll be then.

"Seat belt, baby." Lauren says when she gets into the car.

"Lauren," Normani sighs, "we've talked about this numerous times, I'm not your baby." And now, since Lauren told her to, she's not going to put on the damn belt. That'll teach her not to boss people around.