Prolouge - We Talked About Cats

Start from the beginning

Ro and I had to take two buses and walk for fifteen minutes before we finally reached my house which was practically in the middle of no where.

As Ro and I approached my front door, I pulled out my keys and unlocked the door, just as I was twisting the handle I heard an engine roaring capturing both of our attentions. The road I lived on only contained two houses, and a car that didn't belong to our family was a rare sight since the other resident of this street was an old lady named Diana that couldn't drive.

Our eyes widened at a red convertible cruising up the path that split to the two houses. I was no expert on cars, so I had no idea what model it was but even I knew that it was beautiful and the owner had to be something else to own a car like that. From where I was standing, I couldn't really make him out, except I could see short brown hair.

Ro and I stood a little while by my door, not quite going inside until we could see the car park by Diana's front door. I waited, hoping the guy would be cute, for the passengers of the car to get down. As soon as the door opened, I made out a tall figure wearing a white shirt step out, before I could strain my neck a little more or squint my eyes to make him out properly I felt my wrist being taken a hold of and my feet being dragged.

Before I could make sense of what was happening, I found my self in the reception of my house with the front door being locked by Ro.

"What's wrong with you? That guy in the car was could have been seriously cu..." Ro wasn't listening, she had gone into the living room and exasperated I trailed in after her, she opened the curtains ever so lightly and began to look out side through the window that faced the other house, exactly where the car was being parked.

"You know Ro, we seriously need to talk about you cutting me off everytime I try too - "Ro reached out and grabbed me by the elbow, pulling me to join her and I sighed.

"See this is what Im talking about." I complained to no avail.

I sighed, what is Ro doing? And so Ro and I's face was pressed against the window of my living room that had a good view of Diana's porch.

I realised as I looked out the window that although I couldn't make the guy out, there was someone else with him. A girl wearing a blue dress, she had blonde hair and she too was tall but there was not much else I could see clearly.

I was desperate to ask Ro what the hell we were doing but I knew I'd get no answer so I just watched.

I knew one thing, these people were definetly strangers to Diana. I have known her for five years and Im  pretty close to her so I can guarentee that I had never seen them around here before.

I obviously couldn't make out clearly or hear what she was saying but she seemed mad, angry even, with the way she was waving her hands about and before the guy or the girl could speak, she had slammed the door in their faces. As they turned around, my senses came to me and I realised what I was doing, I quickly pulled the curtain close.

"Ro, why were we watching them...why are you still watching them?" I muttered, tapping on her shoulder.No longer being paitened. She quickly turned her head towards me.

"Freya, you know that guy Cameron Foyer, I told you about?" I nodded, unsure of what that had to do with anything.

"Thats him! That guy out there."

"Really?" Ro had mentioned this Cameron guy several times but what the heck was he doing at my front door neighbours house? That might not be a real thing but it was what I'd always called Diana.

"Yep." Im curious too, she muttered. "Have you ever seen him around here before?"

"Nope." I replied popping the p. Yes, he had potential of being attractive although I didn't see him clearly but from what Ro told me, he was a 'cunning bastard'. Her words not mine, I try not to swear or cuss as much as possible. "Ro, why do you care so much and you never answered, what was with the dragging me inside when I was trying to check him out?"

"I don't care, I'm just curious as to what he's doing here and I've never seen that girl with him before. Oh and the dragging you inside thing was because I didn't want him to see me, you know I don't like seeing most people from school outside of school. Also didn't you say that the Diana lady was super nice and stuff. Does she normally slam the door in people's faces?"

I couldn't argue there, my mum had become good friends with Diana and we had grown close over the past years. I don't remember ever seeing her so angry, so why would two teenagers that I had never seen around upset her so much? As I began to think, I realised it was none of my business.

"Ro, whatever it was, It's none of our business -

I realised she was looking out the window again, making it seem like she was simply drawing the curtains open.

"Rosalyn Evans! -"

"-two seconds, just look." I rolled my eyes but couldn't help but look out. I saw that they were now talking amongst them selves. The guy, Cameron, raised his hand seemingly going to knock on Diana's door once more but he stopped when the blonde girl placed a hand on his shoulder. He turned around and ran a hand across his face, that was when I realised we may have been caught. He was looking straight at us ... or so it seemed. Either way,I pulled the curtain close and dragged Ro upstairs. Just like I couldn't really make out his feautres, he may not have seen us but he would definetly seen the curtains being held open.

"Ro, stop being silly. Come on."

"But Freya, aren't you a little curious? This is Cameron Foyer, the guy who walks around with his heart on his sleeve and now he finally has something! Aren't you a little curious?" She raised her voice like she always did when she thought she was onto something.

" Curious about what? I'm the last person to say this but sadly Ro, we don't live in storybooks. And for all we know they could be fund-raising or something and maybe it's a charity Diana didn't like or something..."Ro crossed her arms and lifted her eyebrow at the words that even I didn't believe. "Anyway, Rosalyn Evans, firstly don't you always say he's a 'cunning bastard'?So what's with the sudden change? And secondly, again no. Refer to the point before the first and remember the world famous saying? Curiosity killed the cat." I spun around as soon as I dropped her stuff on my bed.

Ro and I had a track record of making mountains out of mole hills, so this time I was making sure it wasn't happening again, this was always how it started.

She rolled her eyes before replying."Yes I did and still do say that. But no one else sees it. And Freya Jesper," She mocked "don't you remember the world famous, erm something. Cats have nine lives."

A/N - Hello to any one that reads! Oh and thank you too! Well Im a little nervous, this is the first piece of my own work, I have ever shared completly. I hope its okay. Im sorry for any grammatical errors, its a huge drawback for me. Updates maybe be slow so I do apologise, but I have a lot of exams.

Oh and shout out to Walk_Away_Live and @IceQueenMiki , for the cover!! :) Means a lot!

And ermm, yeah thats it, trailer to the side :)

Until next time

Live, Smile, Laugh, Dream :)