Who was building a home in Mercy. 

I sighed  making the water colder to give myself one last rinse before rushing out and quickly dressing. I was starting to fit back into to my clothes, my shirts dropped off of my shoulders a bit and my jeans sagged around my ass, but the worst of it was over. Depending on how I felt next week, I would start working out and putting on muscle, and maybe if Ace was done his brooding he could teach me some self defense. I knew Ace was more than just a manager at his dad's bar, he's proven time and time again, showing up in the fishiest of situations Dom was involved. 

It didn't take a genius to figure out that one had to be a man of great caliber to warrant a visit from Toretto and his gang, and that to a visit inquiring aid in some foreign endeavour. 

 I quickly moved towards the door and out into the open hallway only to freeze at the sound of a loud thud being followed by a wheezing wtf. 

I looked down at a flustered Dom holding his forehead and a laughing Brian standing a few feet behind him. 

I stared baffled at the scene before me before bursting out laughing. 

"You really should take this as your cue to leave Toretto," I wheezed out. 

He looked at me his eyes dancing and Brian was grinning. 

"Get outta here Toretto," said Brian "Mercy and I've got shit to do." 

Dom grunted getting up and muttered under his breath the entire way to the door before he slammed it shut behind his.

I couldn't help but grin at Brian as I stood there taking in Doms childish behaviour. 

"How's Mia holding up" I asked diverting my full attention to Brian. 

"Good, great actually. She misses you," he said flashing his eyes to me and rolling up the sleeves of his flannel shirt.  "So, the shit we've got to do is go keep her and her moody ass company." 

I nodded my head and gestured towards the door. 

"Let's bounce B." 

++++++++++++++++++++++

I slid Brian's visor up into my hair as I bobbed my head to the music. I was lounging in the back seat of his car as Mia sat shotgun, her brown hair flowing amuck in the wind. Brians hand was nestled in hers. How he maneuvered switching gears, I had know idea, but he was doing it and I admired it. Admired them and what they had. 

"What's with that smile Merce?" asked Brian making eye contact through the rear view mirror. 

"Nothing," I replied laughing and rolling my eyes "do I need a reason to smile?" 

"No," he replied instantly. "Just missed your smile s'all." 

I stiffened and scrambled for a reply. 

"You keep Mia happy Brian," I started not even realizing I had "and I promise I'll die wearing this smile." 

The air grew heavy as Mia turned to look at me, her eyes watery. "Love you Merce," she murmured softly.  

"Back atcha babes," I muttered before ruffling her messy hair and grinning while relaxing back into my seat and clapping my hands. "Now, where the fuck are we headed?" 

Brian and Mia exchanged a knowing glance before shrugging and turning up the music. 

I felt my eyes roll on their own accord this time and grimaced before gazing out the window. 

Happy pooled at the bottom of my stomach and another sigh left my lips. This one a sigh of content. 

The next hour flew by and before I knew it we were pulling into a parking lot that overlooked a stip of beach. 

I felt my eyes widen as I took in the clear water. 

"Holy fuck," I muttered. "Fuck, I didn't bring a bathing suit." I went on dancing in me seats. 

"I did," said Mia catching onto my excitement. "Hop out and change." 

I did as she said and grabbed the bathing suit and jumped into the car to change into. 

I didn't wait for the two to finish doing whatever the fuck they were doing, I was making a beeline for the water, my short hair flying behind and bare feet soaking in the warmth of the pavement and then the cold of the deep sand until finally I was waste deep in cold water that made me feel warmer than I had felt in the past decade. 

 I laughed to myself dunking myself into the water and coming back up. I turned and quickly waved over at Brian and Mia before wading further into the water and starting into a lazy front crawl, heading towards a yellow cone floating off in the distance. Bones heavy with energy and heart light as air. 

I was in my element, and I had the two beautiful people lounging in the shore back there to thank for it. 

The rest of the day was spent like this. Third wheeling a couple I really didn't mind third wheeling, with swim breaks every few hours and before I knew  it, we were packing up and heading back home. I had contemplated throwing a tantrum but had settled on talking Brian and Mia into making another trip down here in the not so far future. 

All in all, I was settled nicely into my temporary bubble of happy. 

I leaned my head back into the seat and murmured a light night to the couple in front of me before dozing off, only to wake minutes later to the sound of a ping bursting my bubble. 

Aces name lit the screen of my phone and I felt all the lightness leave my heart. 

I swiped across the screen and brought it to my ear only to pull it away quickly as Aces loud voice took out my eardrum. 

"Jesus fuck," I muttered lightly under my breath. 

Brian slowed and turned to look at me curiously. 

Ace, I mouthed to him. His eyes lit with knowing before his raised brows began to furrow. 

I turned my attention back to the phone as Ace asked if I was still there. 

I cleared my throat before murmuring a quiet hi. 

His response was not so quiet. 

"What the fuck has possessed you Mercy? Going swimming on a less than populated beach while Shaw is hot on your fucking ass?" I felt my heart skip a beat as the fury leaked off of him and through the phone onto me. I opened my mouth and shut it. 

"Well, are you gonna answer me?" he pressed. I wracked my mind over a response before staying quiet. "I don't have all day woman. I'll be waiting for you when you get home, we'll talk then. Don't do anything stupid until then, and for the love of god, tell Brian to fucking stop thinking with his dick? Not only did he put you in harm's way, he put the mother of his child in harms way." 

He cut the phone at that and I froze going over his last retort, the blood in my veins going cold. My hands shook as I put my phone away. 

"Ace is waiting for us at home," I murmured quickly. "I'm gonna nap. Wake me when we get there. Night." 

The atmosphere in the car turned somber as I drifted off to the sound of the car's engine purring and the Lumineers soft music wrapping around me.  

"The faiths just won't leave our Mercy alone will they," I heard someone murmur softly. 

A soft damn straight  followed and then there was nothing.