Chap 25

Days were dreary and quiet. The boys were careful around me but watchful. Hobbs had started me on a diet. He was easing food back into my world. Gram by gram. I still avoided milk like the plague, but everything, if given in portions little enough, I could stomach. 

I hadn't heard from Ace or Dom in the week following their unannounced visit. I would have liked to have been able to say their absence and indifference to me didn't phase me, but it did. Mia had been having nasty cases of morning sickness, and Brian , when he wasn't working on the Shaw problem, was going mad about Mia.  

As for Callum, well, he'd mellowed out the second I had woken from my slumber.  He was the only one who wasn't treating me like glass, and I appreciated him for that, and for the meeting he had arranged between the men. 

I heaved a out a sigh before lifting myself on the kitchen island. It had on it a pitcher of orange juice an empty glass and note from Callum. 

A light smile made its way to my lips as I read over it . 

Drink up princess

-C

"Fuckin eh, " I muttered putting down the note and pouring the juice slowly before lifting it and taking a sip, it's bittersweet filling me all too soon.  The cold of the granite counter beneath me sent a slow shiver up my spine, before another shiver that had nothing to do with the cold followed.

"I see some things never change," muttered Dom strolling in. 

My heart made its way to my throat and my body stiffened at the sight of him. 

"I.. what.. don't you have shit to do?"I asked flustered, still trying to get over the initial shock of him being here in Brian's flat. My cheeks were burning by now as I watched him do a once over of me, his eyes lingering on my bare legs and shirt clad frame. 

"'You look well," he went on ignoring the question. I nodded slowly before taking another sip of the juice. 

"You didn't answer the question Dom, why are you here?" I asked again, quirking an eyebrow this time, indifference filling my body as I clocked the hickey on his collarbone.   

"Hobbs wanted me to check up on you," he stated shoving his hand in his pockets. 

"Well," I snorted "You're here, I'm good, now get the fuck gone," I started chugging down the rest of the juice before hopping of the counter and moving to the sink. 

He let out a disgruntled sigh at my response but remained where he was, in the middle of the horribly lit kitchen, his messy clothes looking out place when viewed against the white granite floor and polished living room.  

I worked quietly washing the glass and putting away the juice before moving towards to grab clothes to change into. 

"Imma go shower Dom," I said over my shoulder. "It would be best you're not here when I get out."  

I didn't wait for his response, moving swiftly from my room to the bathroom and into the shower. 

I didn't hear Dom leave, and I didn't hear anyone new enter the house. 

I rubbed my skin vigorously , trying to prevent the frustration from making its way into my heart. I just had a few more days of this nothingness before I could go back to work and put up with a indifferent and distant Ace.

Ah, Ace. Brooding , quiet , scary Ace. 

Brooding, quiet, and scary Ace who's building a home in Mercy.