The Occasional Case

Oh my gods guys! 981 views! Thank you so much! I was considering deleting this, but NEVERMIND! Ahhh, I love you guys so much! and again Thank you!!!

"Is she old?"

 "Does she smell?"

 " Candy? "

 "Actually, Anthony, I have never met your grandma. So, instead, I'll go on the case while you entertain the children with stories of your grandmother." I told my husband. I can tell he mentally rolled his eyes then sighed. "Can you get someone else to take the job? I mean, she's getting here tomorrow. So, I really don't think you should be sleeping all day while we're out doing Lord knows what my grandmother wants to do. Seriously, what's the fun in that?" He said. 

 Amelia Lockwood is supposed to be visiting us tomorrow because of her birthday. It's weird actually, because, first, I've never met the lady and second, I don't know anything about her. Anthony still doesn't talk about his family much, talks about his living relatives as much as he talks about the dead ones. All I know is that her spouse died sixty-four years into their marriage and ever since then she's lived her life to its full potential. Skydiving, zip lining, even went to the Americas to try bungee jumping. Honestly, I like this woman already.

  The children were all sitting on the couch, facing us. I looked at them, but talked to Anthony, "Aren't you the Chairman of Lockwood and Co, Mr.Lockwood?" I asked him playfully. Then he hugged me from behind and said in my ear, "And aren't we a family business, Mrs. Lockwood?" I think I went cherry red for a moment but then kissed his cheek.

  " So, that's a yes on telling someone else to go on the case?" Anthony asked. I smiled then shook my head, " I promise to get back as early as possible." "You said that last time." "But I got back earlier than usual, right? " " And yet you still slept 'til four in the afternoon, darling. " I rolled my eyes and looked to Freya. She smiled and looked at her father "Dad, you've gone on the last five cases. Mum needs a break from," she motioned at everyone in the room "at one point right?" 

  I could not contain my laughter, Anthony couldn't either. " Yes, I suppose mummy needs some time for catching ghosts. I mean, who else would have a twenty-minute conversation with a type two every now and then? " he said. "Twenty minutes?" Asked Freya. "Well, that's only a type two. You should hear how talkative a type three is. Especially a particular one." I said. 

  Yes, all my children have Talents. All of them have Anthony's Sight except for Hunter. Poor child has inherited my Touch and Hearing skills. We one day caught Nolan playing with a source I brought back from a case. He broke open The silver case and freed the ghost.

  The Glimmer was weak enough to not cause any damage like Ghost Touch, but it was somehow strong enough to talk. I saw Nolan babbling to it and Noah in his crib was laughing his head off. Before we sealed it back in a case, I saw Nolan wave it goodbye before it disappeared. Ever since then I decided that if I'm ever out too late and I feel like I'm gonna fall asleep in step, I wake my sorry arse up and head to the furnaces and burn the stupid Source.

  "Alright, you can take the case. But, I will set an alarm and if it goes off you're late. If you're not then you have to turn off the alarm." Anthony said. I thought for a moment then agreed. Then headed off to the company to get ready for the case.

Time Skip Brought To You By Balooonnnnneyyyy!!!!

  8385 Home Port Court gave me an unsettling feeling once I stepped on its porch. The owner's statement said, and I quote, It was like The Poltergeist come to life. Her whole statement though was very, uh, bad. Half way through it George asked her to mind her own profanity. Of course, the owner, Stephanie Merch, didn't stay at her home to welcome me in. She just left a manila folder and the door unlocked.