8- Still a climber

It was a nice sunny day. Flowers were blooming, birds were chirping along. A rather calm afternoon really. Mark heard some giggles coming from the outside the house. Which was strange since Mark had not yet let Sean play outside.

Now, you'd think little Sean would be reluctant to go anywhere too high up after the incident at the playground. Well, you'd be wrong. Because when he saw a small bird just outside his bedroom window, he nearly ran out onto the roof.

His window wasn't locked and was slightly cracked because of the incredible heat going on that afternoon. Upon seeing this, the little guy started to pull the up the glass that blocked him from his new friend. Slowly but surely, he managed to create an opening big enough for him to fit through.

He looks at his feathered pal before scooting over. The bird tilts his head at the toddler.

"Hi birb!" Sean giggled. The animal was not scared of the child. He actually hopped closer to the boy after a few seconds.

"Wanna be my friend?" Of course, the bird didn't answer. He just flapped his wings playfully.

Meanwhile Mark was in the doorframe, trying to figure out where the laughing was coming from. His eyes slowly scaled the house and landed on the exact spot where Sean was. His jaw dropped upon finding the toddler where he was.

Mark made a mad dash to Sean's room. He saw the open window and made his way through it, almost getting stuck. The noise made Sean turn and laugh when he saw Mark's predicament.

Okay, I brought this on myself. I should've lifted it up more...

Mark struggled and wiggled his way out of the window, onto the roof. Sean was still giggling and even the bird was giving Mark a strange look. He decided to ignore the animal and scold the child first. He picked up the boy and went through the window again.

"Sean, you can't be on top of the roof, it's dangerous! You could fall and get hurt!" He screamed, closing the window.

"But the birdie was alone!"

"I don't care. It can fly, you can't!"

He made sure the window was locked. Sean just stared at his feathered buddy through the window. Talking to it cheerfully even though their play date got cut short.

~~~~~

A few days passed and Sean thought it'd be a good idea to get a snack from the kitchen. He made his way to the dinning room table, coming up to one of the chairs. He reached the footrest of the seat and pulled himself up to the cushion. He then jumped onto the table, his little legs dangling from the edge of it as he squirmed his way up there.

He sat right next to the ceramic bowl of fruit, examining which he would pick. He settled for a nice banana today. As he peeled his snack, Mark came into the kitchen and got severely confused.

"Sean... What are you doing on the table?"

By this time the toddler had already taken a bite of his banana and his mouth was full, with his cheeks looking like a chipmunk. He simply waved his snack around so Mark could see his reasoning for being up there. The sitter shook his head grabbing the little boy and heading to the living room.

~~~~~

Another climbing adventure for Sean happened that weekend. Only difference was he wasn't with Mark today, his parents had taken a few days off to spend time together as a family. Even though Mark had warned them about their child's ability to climb, they weren't prepared to deal with it that day.