2.Crushes

During Young Justice Season 1

Wally was sitting upright against the headboard of his bed playing a computer game still in his blue pajamas despite it being long past noon, when he heard his mom call him from downstairs, "Sweetheart your friend is here!"  "Send him up" he screamed back keeping his attention to the screen, stuffing another handful of chips in his mouth.

 "Hey man!" Dick greeted from the doorway. "Tell me good sir, what seems to be the problem today?" Wally asks his best friend still playing his game. "What makes you think there's a problem?" Dick wondered. "You walked through my door." Wally stated as if it were obvious. 

"So?"  Dick replies completely clueless. Wally rolls eyes and closes his laptop. "Wow, something really is wrong, you're completely off your game. Let me make what I'm trying to say clearer for you. You. walked. through. my. door. Like a normal human being. Usually you come in through the window, the air vent, the chimney, or come in somersaulting, cartwheeling, walking on your hands, with a theme song, from in my closet, from the corner of the room, from under my bed and countless others. Remember all those times you scared me to death?" Dick chuckled remembering then said, "Oh yeah, right." 

"So, what's the matter dude?" Wally repeated. "You see have a crush on this girl..." Dick mumbled. "Oh, you mean Zatanna?"  He interrupted. "Wh-what? How did you-how could you possibly-" Dick stuttered, blushing and dumbfounded, rubbing the back of his head. 

"It's super obvious. For a master lier and detective with an alter ego, you sure suck at hiding your crushes" Wally re-interrupted.   "Hey! You flirt with every girl you see except your crush, with who you argue slash fight with, Baywatch." He retorted in a teasing voice, smirking at the last word. Wally's face became redder then his hair and said, "Not cool man! Not cool. Plus you're getting off subject, right now we're discussing your love life." He said pointing to his friend. Then he flung his feet over the bed to sit in the other direction and patted the spot next to him. Gesturing for his friend to sit down next to him. 

"So... what you like about her?" Wally questioned. "Everything." Dick responded quickly."Wow, that was a really fast answer," Wally commented. "Next question... uhhh, when did you realized you liked her?" Dick laid down on his back and put his hands under his head while keeping his legs dangling off the side of the bed ."I guess it would be when ... she... a little bit after she lost her dad... Seeing her like that, in so much pain. I knew how it felt more than anyone. I just wanted to run up to her and hug her and tell her I loved her, that she wasn't all alone in the world... something to make her pain go away. Seeing her hurt, hurt me too." 

Wally pretended to wipe away a tear and said, "My, my, you really are growing up." Dick punched him in the shoulder. "Ow, don't worry man I'm just joking. I totally know how you feel. I realized I liked Artemis when she died in the 'doomed to fail dream world'. Seeing her die, I realized how much I needed her and how much she meant to me." Dick sighed and stood up and said,"Thanks man, for the pep-talk I needed it." Wally smiled saying, "Don't sweat it man, this is why we're BFF's" 

The next chapter will probably be completely Spitfire if not it'll be the chapter after that. By the time I was done writing this I realized how similar these two first chapters are, I promise the next one will be nothing like this. I really hope you guys are enjoying this book so far, remember requests are always welcome.