Chapter 49

I didn't want to tell Nick that he was in my nightmare. That he was the one who encouraged the procedure. Then I began crying as I was putting my hair into a ponytail. I sat on the end of our bed, my hair cascading down my back. I put my head in my hands, crying silently.

"Mom?" I heard my son's voice at the door. I looked up with red eyes, Austin standing there looking at me.

"Hey buddy. What's up?" I wiped the tears and put on a smiling face.

"I've got practice." He muttered. My eyes widened and I checked the time on my phone. Shit.

"Alright. I'll be right there, just get in the car." I told him, throwing my hair into a ponytail and grabbing my phone. I slid on the first shoes I saw, Nick's Nike sandals.

"Hey." Nick grabbed my arm, and I turned slightly.

"Are you okay?" He asked softly. I pressed my lips together and my gaze traveled over his face. But he stated right at me.

"I'll be okay. I shouldn't even be worrying." I assured. We stood in silence. A comfortable silence.

"About?"

"Austin's waiting." I pulled from his grasp. Nick kissed my jaw, letting his lips linger. I walked out to the car, sliding behind the wheel.

"Ready to go?" I asked Austin, smiling.

"Yup." He told me. I turned the radio on, the dj's voice streaming through the car.

"And now we have Nick Jonas featuring Tove Lo with Close." I raised my eyebrow, smirking.

"Would you look at that." We laughed and sang along to the radio.

Once I dropped him off, I decided to make a stop at the store before going home. Where I lived as a kid, the gas station always had ice cream and it was the best around. But now that I'm in LA, there's lots of other places to get it. I got a pint of ice cream for myself, and as I was going up to the checkout, I heard some girls talking about Nick and giggling.

"His new movie comes out on Friday. I'm so excited! Ugh, I just want to meet him and hug him and ugh." The blonde one said, seeming to have a permanent grin on her face.

"Omg, I cannot wait! I love him so flipping much." The other girl, whose hair is dyed purple, exclaimed.

"Hi girls. I might be able to help you guys with meeting Nick Jonas." I stepped over. The both of them looked to be about seventeen.

"Really?!" They said in sync, their eyes lighting up at me.

"Well...I know him pretty well. If you come to the theater on Friday, he'll be there meeting fans. I bet you I could get him to agree to a photo with you guys. No charge." I smirked. If we weren't in a store, I bet they would've screamed at the top of their lungs. I could tell they were holding it in. They had no idea who I was, and it was interesting. I usually don't approach his fans unless they approach me, but I thought I'd make their day.

"You girls have a good day now." I smiled sweetly, and went to pay for my ice cream.

When I got home, my husband was sitting on the couch, playing video games with our oldest son.

"Look who's home." Kane noticed as I walked in. Ace was on the couch, and almost jumped over the back of it trying to get to me.

"Hi baby." I said to the dog, scrunching my face up. I kissed his nose and a smile grew on his snout.

"I see where I rank." Nick remarked sarcastically. I rolled my eyes.

"You're such a big baby." I sat in between him and Kane, watching the tv screen.

"So...I may or may not have told a couple of girls at the store today that they could get into your meet and greet for free on Friday." I didn't know how he's going to react. I've done this before though. I saw Nick's eyes widen, but then he softened, shrugging.

"Okay."

"They had no idea who I was. Babe, it was great. They looked so happy." I put my hand on his leg, and Ace welcomed himself on my lap.

"I'm glad you could make their day honey. Lord knows you make mine everyday." He said to me sweetly.

"Aw, babyyyyy." I cooed. I kissed him loudly.

"Okay, you two." Kane said, sounding annoyed. We all laughed.

...