Chapter 45

"I'm just saying, I don't think it's a great idea. I've explained this multiple times." I could hear my voice rising with every word. And Nick was not having it. Our discussion became heated the moment we all got in the car.

"We will discuss this at home Kaitlyn!" He tells me sternly. I could hear all of this kids gasp in the backseat. These past few days, he's been stressed out. Anyone could see it. I grabbed his hand, lifting the back of it to my lips and kissing it.

"Are you okay?" I murmured, looking at his jaw and how tense it was. It tightened as he glanced over at me.

"No, I'm not." I squeezed his hand. As he turned into the drive and opened the gate, as soon as we were parked, all the kids went into the house quickly. Nick and I got out of the car and I immediately went over and hugged him, knowing that he needs it.

"Wanna talk about it sweetheart?" I asked softly. His grasp tightened around me.

"No...yes...I don't know." His face nuzzled my neck and my heart ached for him. I hated when he felt like this.

"Let's just go inside and watch a movie and maybe other stuff too. If you're lucky." I smirked, trying to lighten the mood. He pulled from me at arms length and looked into my eyes.

"Sounds great. I love you sweetheart, I'm so lucky to have you." His lips landed on mine softly and we headed in the house, going to change into something more comfortable. All the kids were doing their own thing, so Nick and I had some time to ourselves.

"I'll be downstairs." I said to my husband, grabbing my glass of wine off the counter, bringing it into the basement. I picked out a movie, popping it into the DVD player and sitting on the sectional couch, sipping from my glass. Nick came down, sitting next to me and putting his hand on my thigh. The menu to the movie began playing, but we had started talking about any and everything.

"It's just so much, you know?" By now, we were laying on the couch next to each other, our bodies as close as they possibly could be. Our fingers were laced together and it felt like we were in our own little world, like it was before we started a family. He was just my rockstar, and it was just us.

"Yeah. Welcome to my life baby." I chuckled. I put my hand under his shirt on his stomach, my cheek against his chest. We still haven't started the movie, but it was perfect. His arm wrapped around me and I kissed his cheek.

"You're not still mad, are you?" Nick asked. I could hear the cracking of his voice and I pushed myself closer to him.

"Of course not babe. I love you, and I was mad at you for a stupid reason." I ran my hands up and down his chest, kissing his neck and maneuvering myself on top of him.

"What are you doing?" He laughed, tracing my curves with his hands. My lips made a trail from his neck to his mouth and when our lips met, we melted together. My fingers played at the button of his jeans, and my body started to get hot. Still, he gave me butterflies like it was the first time all over again.

"I think someone's coming down here." His breath was hot against my skin as he said this and I could hear footsteps coming down the stairs. I started to move my hips, not wanting to ruin this, but then Austin's voice sounded in the other room. I quickly sat next to my husband, starting the movie like we weren't doing anything.

"Mom, dad, I've got a question." In a blink, he was standing in front of us.

"Shoot." Nick said to our son.

"So...my birthday is coming up and I was wondering if I could get a new iPhone?" Nick and I looked at each other.

"We'll talk about it." I smirked and Austin's face lit up like I haven't seen in almost a year. He pumped his fist in the air and then ran back upstairs. My husband and I sat in silence for a few moments before he opened his arms for me and I laid in them, playing the movie.

"You're the most amazing woman in the entire world." His lips were near my ear and his voice soothed me. I was starting to fall asleep slowly, and I felt Nick's arms tighten around me.

"You're amazing." I muttered, my eyes still closed.

"Mama!" My eyes shot open as I heard my youngest daughter's yell that could send chills down anyone's spine. I shot off the couch and rushed upstairs.

"What is it baby?" I frantically looked around.

"I got hand stuff on my mouth." I saw a bottle of hand sanitizer on the counter. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh baby." I sighed and picked her up in my arms. Nick was upstairs shortly, worrying about what was going on. Our eyes locked and I smiled a bit.

"I love this life." I stepped over and kissed his mouth.

"Especially my life with you. Rockstar." He winked.

...