Chapter IV ↝ Paulo

I was 100 per cent certain that from the moment I stepped through the front door of my house I was going to be met with loud screaming and accusations. But when I got home after practice, that, was to my big surprise, not the case and the moment of "here we go again" never struck me. Instead, I was surrounded by this strange new thing called quietness. At this point in my life, it rarely happened to me and the word peace had started to feel like something from a foreign language. Do not get me wrong, I loved my lifestyle; playing football for a living was everything the little five-year-old me ever dreamed of and still to this day today I could not imagine doing anything else. But even with all these dreams that have come true for me, being a famous footballer - like everything - has its pros and cons, and unfortunately, the lack of privacy is one of its downsides. People always seem to know everything there is to know about your life. Well, they do not and for the matter of fact, I could tell them that for example, my love life is not always a dance on roses like the media sometimes makes it seem. Sometimes I wonder if all the media do is either to make your relationship look like the worst thing ever or something so good that you could only wish for it? Somehow they make my relationship with Irina look like the last option despite that it - according to me - consist of most parts from the first one. Do not get me wrong, some parts of it are great like the se...What am I even doing right now talking to myself about strange things in my life when what I really should be doing is getting ready to go out in a very short time. Sometimes I should just stop messing around and be stop worrying about small subjects that do not even matter. I am living an amazing life and should just be happy, I am very happy, at least I think and hope so.

I managed to escape my own thoughts for a moment and then went upstairs to take a quick shower after practice. I got dressed, put on some deodorant and tried to fix my hair before I ran - in the words most literal sense - out of the door and drove to the restaurant.

When I arrived everybody else was already there sitting at our usual table at the back of the restaurant. It kinda became "our spot" because of the owners of The Penge - the restaurant - are discrete and does not call the paparazzi every time we are here - and trust me that is nice. I sat down next to Higuaín who happened to be the only one without an escort except for of course our new assistant coach, Andrea. Or well, why did I say of course? She might be new in town and all but I saw how everyone on the team was drooling over her earlier today at practice and I can not say that I blame them, maybe I was even among them? She was sitting next to Dani and his wife, Joana, laughing and I could not help but stare at her. Higuaín nudged me in the side with his elbow and winked at me.

"Close your mouth, Paulo, we would not want you to choke on a fly, would we?" Higuaín asked and at the moment thought he was the funniest person alive. "I know she is pretty and all but we got to have to stay true to our girls at home, you know? Especially you after what you told me about marrying Irina this morning, remember?" I nodded and replied with a quiet agreeing mumble. Because I did remember and I did have to stay true to her but when something so beautiful is sitting right across from even the most loyal man would struggle not just look at her for a quick second. I knew that at least I could not.

// 

Just a quick, short and crappy chapter but I felt like uploading something so here you are. Enjoy and please leave your thoughts in the comments if you have any questions about the story or anything in general. I will try to upload at least once more this week since I am currently on a break from school. Thanks for reading:))