T H I R T Y S E V E N

Start from the beginning

"What are you gonna do about Harry?" Michael questions, tilting his head to his side. I don't really know if he would be okay with me being with Harry now. I mean, Harry punched him in the face, from which has left minor bruising around his left eye.

"I don't know," I say, and surprisingly, he just nods. If he had a boyfriend who punched me in the face, I know I wouldn't want him with Michael. But I guess that is a totally different situation. Like the therapist said, Harry has unhealthy obsession with claiming me. And when he was powerless to, when he couldn't, he overheated and it led to the punch. I'm trying so hard to understand the feelings that could've prompted him to do that, but I don't think I ever would punch someone in the face because they made it impossible for me to claim them. Ugh, but I can't compare it. There are few scenarios that do Harry's situation justice. He doesn't have it easy.

"That's alright Claire, I hope you understand that. Don't let anyone tell you what to feel, or what to do, I just have one word of wisdom to leave you with," he leads, getting out of the car as the cab pulls up outside of the airport. I get out with him, helping him with his bags.

"Don't walk into a situation where you don't know where you stand with the other person," Michael says, smiling weakly at me as he slings the bag over his shoulder.

Somehow, even with the vague words, I know exactly what he means. And what I should do.

"Thank you Michael, for everything," I hug him, holding onto him tightly. I don't what him to go home, I want him to stay until I'm sure I can do this by myself. But I understand why he wants to leave, and I respect that.

"I love you," I says, and he embraces me back, giving me a good squeeze before releasing me, walking away and into the airport.

I catch a last glimpse of him checking in, before I get into the cab again, and drive back to the hotel. I'm alone now.

Michael has left.

•

"Is the room available for a couple of more nights?" I ask the receptionist, leaning over the counter.

I thought I would be able to figure out my next move by today, but I haven't. And I have to check out... Well, now. It's 12PM.

"No, I'm sorry, we're booked throughout the week," she says, with an overly empathetic face.

"Oh.. okay, thanks," I say, and take the elevator up to the hotel room.

Everything is just a big giant mess, and I can't seem to sort my thoughts. I haven't heard from Harry since I left the apartment, which was 2 days ago. I think I want to talk to him, just to lay everything out on the table and make him understand why I left. But I'm scared that once I come back, he won't let me leave again. I can't stay in a relationship like that, where I'm scared that I'll never be able to leave. I shouldn't even want to leave.

My phone rings, and I pick up.

"Hey! Haven't heard from you, are you okay?" I hear Niall through the speaker, as I hold the phone close to my ear. I can't help but smile when I hear his voice.

"Uhm, well... I'm staying at a hotel," I start.

"Which one?" he asks.

"The Empire," I say, staring at the small hotel logo printed on the guest book on the desk. I hear him inhale sharply, before silence takes over.

"Which room?" I hear him, before a few muffled sounds.

"809," I hesitate. What does he want with my room number?

A few seconds pass before he hangs up, and I'm left utterly confused. That is, until a minute or two passes, and someone knocks on the door.

A/N

Heyyy guys so I thought I'd do something new and fun! I'm gonna post readers opinions every chapter so y'all can see some different aspects and views and stuff like that :) The first, I've chosen from @redrosebuqe who commented this on chapter 36;

People need to stop hating on Claire. Yes, she hurt Harry. But would you honestly react differently If some guy you barely know punched your best friend in the face?
Seriously, Claire got (sorta) cheated on, lied to, almost raped, emotionally and mentally abused, drugged, manipulated and (sorta) killed.
THEN she woke up with memory loss, lost literally the best thing in her life (her love for Harry), thought she had her old life (which was pretty miserable i remind you), THEN to be met with a very very very overprotective and obsessive boyfriend whom she doesn't know or remember, and won't LET HER walk outside the apartment, and totally dismisses her when she says that she wants to go out for her !birthday! Try seeing it from her side.
People just blindly protect and support Harry no matter what, and as soon Claire hurts him once, (like he has did her a bunch) y'all go ape shit. Keep in mind that Claire may still be dealing with side effects of the drug.
It's okay to be annoyed that she doesn't remember or stuff like that, but to the people that are calling her a whore, a bitch, a slut... sit down. Try going through what she's been through.

Comment your opinion here; and I might post it!

Anyways, did you like this chapter? :)

see you in the next one xx