-need you here-

Chapter thirteen

"And that's when I told him who my dad was and he let me in for free," Romeo explains with a proud smile.

No one is actually listening, Caleb and Noah are asleep on the plush couch beside Romeo, and Sadie is talking to Gaten in the other room.

"That's one hell of a story," Finn remarks sarcastically.

Romeos eyebrows perk up at what he thought was a compliment, too drunk to know that it wasn't.

"Nice story, Romeo" Millie says, removing her head from Finns shoulder.

They had all come over to Romeos because his dad was out of town for business or something. Romeo said booze and a place to crash was provided but Millie planned to bounce before people got too wasted.

Romeo leans back into the couch, glancing down at the two sleeping boys before looking back up, meeting Millie's eyes.

He picks up a can from the table beside him and brings it up to his lips.

"So what's going on with you two," he says before taking a long sip.

Finn smiles, very aware of Romeos jealousy towards him. Finn often fed the fire by doing things like: putting his hand on Millie's thigh or kissing her cheek. It always infuriated Romeo.

"What do you mean?" Finn asks, tilting his head innocently.

Romeo looks down at the can that now sits in his lap, being held by the same hand. He swallows nervously before asking, "I mean...are you screwing or-"

"Oh my god, Romeo-"

"We just happen to be really good friends," Finn says, interrupting Millie as he wraps his arm around her. She rolls her eyes, knowing exactly what he's doing.

Romeos eyes move up, studying the way Finns arm is wrapped tightly around Millie's small shoulders. "Friends huh?" he questions.

Finn nods, still flashing his malicious grin. Seconds later, Romeos frown forms into a similar smile.

"I'd like to be that kind of friend too, Millie" Romeo states proudly.

Finn shakes his head, looking down and laughing softly. "In your dreams," he says.

Romeo raises an eyebrow, his smile only growing. "Work hard enough and your dreams might come true."

Finns head raises, locking a stern glare with Romeo. "I'm gonna break your fucking neck one day."

Romeo takes another quick sip from his beer before setting it down, throwing his hands up in amusement.

"Here's the thing-" he starts. "You and all of them-" he says, gesturing to the boys that are somehow still asleep. "You guys all think i'm the jealous one but I think Finn's the jealous one."

Millie lets out a chuckle, covering her mouth as Finn replies to Romeos comment with a raised eyebrow. "And why the hell would I-"

"Because I have money. I can treat Millie right and she knows it," Romeo cuts Finn off.

"I can give her a better life than you can. I can-"