-some person's big day-

Chapter four

"Shut the fuck up, Romeo!" Caleb whispers.

"Dude, I just don't want to get caught!" Romeo replies, loudly. Caleb hits him in the chest, not hard but hard enough to make Romeo whine.

"Shut your mouth or go home" Finn says.

Millie rolls her eyes at the boys and looks around for Sadie and Gaten. Her and Gaten were on the other side of the park, handling business or something. They were supposed to wait for them to come back but it had been over an hour and Millie was getting impatient.

They were all squatting behind some bushes, peaking over to what seems to be a wedding. Finn had been walking around, trying to find where they would all have their fun this afternoon. He came back telling them that there was this big, expensive looking party, filled with a bunch of upper east siders.
'Easy to rob' Millie thought to herself.

So here they were, hiding behind bushes, at some person's big day.

"I'm getting sick of waiting" Millie says.

"Me too" Noah says. Caleb doesn't respond to them and they were waiting for his call because he always calls the shots. Millie was fed up. She hopped up from behind the bushes and climbed over them.

"Millie come back here!" Finn whispers, but its already too late. She starts walking towards the crowd of people, brushing off the leaves and dirt she collected from hiding. She observes the scene, looking over the dozens of people eating and chatting. She can tell it is a wedding just by the way everyone is dressed, warm but festive for the event. No one seems to notice her as she walks into the crowd of people. Millie turns around to the boys who are waving her back and gesturing for her return. She smiles and turns back around, continuing to walk.

Millie snatches a drink for a table and walks around, somehow unseen. She can't figure out if these people are just stupid or too caught up in their conversations. No one notices her as she steals food from tables and no one notices her as she snatches a man's wallet right out of his pocket.

"So fucking easy" she mumbles to herself. She sticks the wallet in her pants and takes another sip from the glass of bubbly liquid she stole.

"Hello miss."

Millie whips around, facing a young man with good hair.

"...Hi" she says, hesitantly.

"You enjoying the party?'" he asks. Millie nods, nervously, not knowing if this guy is smart unlike all the others.

He smiles and holds out his hand.

"I'm Joe. You are?"

Millie grabs his hand and shakes it. Joe raises an eyebrow when she doesn't answer his question right away.

"Oh uh- my name is... Elle!" she says. Joe smiles and releases Millie's hand.

"Nice to meet you, Elle."

Millie smiles and tries to gain her confidence back so he won't catch on. She takes a step closer to him.

"I like your name. Joe, that's cute."

"Is it?" he asks.

Millie takes another step closer, putting one of her hands on his chest. She looks up at him, innocently.

"Yes." 

Joe laughs at her attempt to flirt with him.

"I'm too old for you, little girl."