Chapter 4. Lonely.

Start from the beginning

I could hear Camry as she started to cry to the woman like her fake ass always did. Her parents were still married so I wondered what type of relationship her parents had. I'd only met her mother three times and it was obvious she didn't live with Camry's father.

At this point i'd usually call Aaron and escape from everything but he'd turned out like everyone else in my life and was no longer reliable. His life had went to shit like mine had so it was useless trying to save him from himself when he really didn't want to be saved.

Carlos sat in my car with it running as he drunk a coffee and scrolled through his phone. He rolled the window up as I climbed into the car and he turned his attention to me.

"I told you that couples therapy doesn't usually work. It's all bullshit man, just a way to give people hope that a relationship they deep down know won't work, might get better" Carlos said and I nodded understanding where he was coming from.

"I feel like it could work if we both wanted it to work but we don't. I cut off my side chick and I still don't wanna be with my wife. We have to keep up appearances man, it's the only way" I responded as I stared at the road ahead of me.

"Speaking of appearances, I did some asking around and that stickup kid Amaru? He was at the club, the same club I was suppose to meet up with Angelo's right hand. Maybe they ran into each other" Carlos pointed out.

"But why would Amaru kill him? The man is shady but he hasn't killed anybody he's robbed that I can think of. So why kill Angelo's right hand without robbing him at all?" I questioned.

"I don't know. You should find out, i'm just passing along the information I got and as your right hand i'm just trying to look out for you" Carlos said as his phone beeped catching his attention.

Even if he had killed Angelo's worker that was his problem. I'd talked to Angelo at his wedding and he made it seem like things were all good between us and he'd look into the situation so he'd figure it out eventually but it wasn't my problem.

I drove to my brother Michael's place to check up on him. He was suppose to be in Carlos' position but things hadn't worked out that way and after a few disagreements he'd had with James, my brother had decided to walk away from the game.

I parked in his driveway before cutting the car off. Carlos took a phone call and stayed behind as I climbed out of the car and jogged up the steps.

Almost like he'd sensed me, the door opened before I could even knock and my sister Antonia stood in the doorway. She looked me over and I pushed passed her making my way into the house as she slapped me upside the head.

"You could speak, but you'd rather act brand new" She commented. I looked over my shoulder at her and narrowed my eyes holding back what I really wanted to say.

"You aren't important enough to speak to" I responded with a smirk and she pursed her lips together as Michael came around the corner.

"Yeah whatever. Is my niece with you or are you still being a deadbeat?" Antonia questioned causing me to tense up some.

"You'd know a lot about deadbeats, yeah? Aren't you on like baby number five and you still can't get a nigga to stay and raise what he created? At least i'm in my daughters life!" I snapped.