Just Another Day

Hi low everyone. New story time. Hope you enjoy. I don't own hakuouki only my oc's. Bye and enjoy.

Chieko pov
I stood on the rooftop watching and waiting. My dark purple hair was back in a braid. I had black pants, a black long sleeved shirt, a white scarf, a white belt, black fingerless gloves, a blue and white jacket, and black sandals on.

My name is Chieko Saito. Physically I look 26 years old. I have dark purple hair and deep blue eyes. My father was Hajime Saito, third unit captain of the original Shinsengumi. I am just like my father in both looks and behavior. I fight left-handed. My best friend Hanako Okita is the same age as me. She has brown hair and green eyes. Her father was Souji Okita, the first unit captain of the original Shinsengumi. We have six other friends who, like us, are the daughters of the original Shinsengumi. First is Arisu Kondou. She has shoulder length dark brown hair and amber eyes. She physically looks 39. Her father was the Commander of the original Shinsengumi, Kondou-san. Next is Rin Hijikata. She has long black hair and purple eyes. She physically appears 36. Her father was the vice-commander of the original Shinsengumi, Hijikata-san. Next is Kimiko Sannan. She has chin length black hair and amber eyes. She appears 38. Her father was the deputy commander of the original Shinsengumi, Sannan-san. After her comes Mari Nagakura. She has chin length brown hair and blue eyes. She physically appears 28. Her father was the captain of the 2nd unit, Shinpachi Nagakura. Next is Atsuko Todou. She has long light brown hair and blue eyes. She looks 24. Her father was captain of the 4th unit, Heisuke Todou. Last is Setsuko Harada. She has long red hair and golden eyes. She looks 29. Her father was captain of the 10th unit, Sanosuke Harada.

We all had lived for a long time thanks to the Water of Life. Our fathers had died in the civil war. We had all restarted the Shinsengumi. We now protected the people when the government wouldn't. Officially we all had jobs. I worked as a lawyer as did Kimiko-san and Rin-san. Hana, Mari, and Arisu-kun worked as detectives. Atsuko and Setsuko owned a bakery and worked it together.

In the group Arisu-kun was the Commander with Rin-san as the vice-commander and Kimiko-san as the deputy commander. The rest of us all had units that we controlled but we also specialized in things. I was the best at deception and recon. I also was the best at taking down enemies quickly and swiftly. Hana was good at guarding and protecting. Mari is the strongest fighter. Setsuko specializes in weapons. Atsuko is our hacker. We all had powers. We practiced magic though I was the best at it.

I was out on a mission.
" Anything Saito?" Rin-san asked me.
" Nothing yet vice-commander."
" Are we positive it's tonight?" I heard Hana ask.
" Are you saying I got the information wrong?" Atsuko asked.
" I didn't say those exact words." I rolled my eyes at the usual arguing. Just then movement caught my eye.
" Heads up. We got incoming." Everyone went silent. I got my rifle ready and looked through the scope. Before long I saw the signal. I fired three shots and instantly took care of the targets. They were wounded but not dead. I wouldn't kill them unless necessary. The team swept in and took the targets away.

Once I entered the bus I shrugged off my jacket. Kimiko-san came up.
" Good shot. You did well." I nodded my head. I went and sat down at an table. Suddenly I felt a pain. I held my head tightly.
" Chieko-kun." Rin-san came over and handed me a piece of paper and pen. I quickly wrote down what I had seen then I closed my eyes trying to rest.

Fathers once lost shall return.
Daughters once hurt shall be no more hurt.
Relationships broken now repaired.
Healing shall begin.

"What does this mean?" Atsuko asked. I sighed and shrugged. I opened my eyes and looked up.
" If I had to guess it means our fathers will be back. That the relationship will be repaired and the healing process will begin. When they show up, however, I don't know."
" Well. Then we just have to be prepared." I nodded my head.

That night I was wondering around outisde when I heard a noise. Hana was with me.
" A fury?" She took off with a smile. I sighed and took off after her. She could be just like her father.

I found her behind a tree. She saw me and put her finger to her lips. She quietly drew her katana.
"Wait Hana!" She jumped out before I could stop her. I sighed and ran out also. I quickly drew my sword and blocked another sword. Just then the girls came running out. I flipped back and landed. Rin-san turned the outside lights on. What we saw shocked us. Our fathers were all there. I quickly put my sword away. Hana kept her sword out. I saw her smirk.
" Hanako Okita. Don't you dare." She rolled her eyes and put her sword away. Our fathers looked shocked. Hana gave her signature smirk.
" Hello father." She said to Souji.
" Hana?" I sighed and leaned against the tree. Kimiko-san appeared beside me and spoke.
" Well this is a interesting development." Hana turned cold.
" Interesting? Right. Because having them back isn't a problem at all."
" Hana." I said in a warning tone. She huffed and stormed off.
" Cheiko." I shook my head.
" Sorry but no. I'm not putting up with it again."
" What happened to her?" Souji asked. Mari snorted and spoke.
" Need you ask?" I sighed. I saw our fathers stiffen. Shinpachi spoke.
" You need to watch it young lady. We're still your fathers."
" Some fathers. Abandon us and only leave us one damn option. That so called medicine. The only thing that crap was useful for was it helped keep us alive. But it couldn't bring back the one thing we needed the most. Our fathers. So sorry if we aren't the respectful daughters you raised all that time ago." Mari stormed away with Atsuko and Setsuko following. Arisu-kun sighed and went after them. Rin-san had already taken off after Hana. Kimiko-san put a hand on my shoudler.
" Chie. Take care of them will you?" I nodded my head and took the men away.

I kept silent the whole way.
" Chie. Are you angry also?" I sighed and spoke.
" It's hard to not be upset. But I'm not angry. I stopped being angry a long time ago. As far as I'm concerned the Shinsengumi completed their duty as warriors. And besides. I have good memories that helped me through things." Sannan-san spoke up.
" The medicine. What happened?" I stiffened and stopped walking for a second. I started walking again while I answered.
" The medicine worked. We fixed it. But it was something we didn't want originally. For Hana and Mari that medicine took their fathers away. Atsuko and Setsuko don't say much but I doubt they like it. Arisu-kun and Rin-san see it a unfortunate necessity. Kimiko-san doesn't mind it."
" And you?" Hijikata-san asked. I stopped and looked back.
" I don't have an opinion one way or another. I am merely a sword." I began to walk again.

After I showed them to their rooms I went to mine and read. I stopped and looked out the window. I sighed and clutched my necklace tightly. It was one of the few things I had kept. Why? Why did they have to come back? I had lied. I was angry. I had always held a little anger. But not at them. At myself. If only I had been stronger or wiser. Then maybe they wouldn't have all died. This was going to be interesting.

Okay. Done. Hope you enjoy. Adios amigos. See you soon.