A Lemon Afternoon [A Lee Sungjong One-Shot Fanfic]

A/N: "Italic" phrases are spoken in Korean, while normal phrases are spoken in English. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the shower of love. Enjoy! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was lost.

Like really really lost.

I was in an unfamiliar city, with a dead phone, with no money, and with no one to talk to. The sun was blistering hot and my feet already sore from all the walking I’ve done in search for my missing friends. Apparently, we were supposed to go to Sangwael Park to eat a refreshing lunch under a cool, shady tree together, but when I took a little while in the restroom during our stop over, they seemed to have forgotten about me and left with our bus. With my clothes, my money, my bag, my everything. All I had was a crumpled map of Seoul, which I didn’t really understand at all, my long dead phone drained by my un-wise addiction in Flappy Bird, and my sanity that was growing extinct by the second.

Finally seeing another passerby, I quickly approached him while frantically pointing at the map, and spoke with all the Korean words I could muster. “Um... Sangwael Park? Where? You know where?”

Though, just like the rest of the people I’ve talked to, he rapidly shook his head, noticing my overwhelming knowledge in their language. Not wanting to waste his time in digging the English language just to answer me, he scurried away, leaving me with a shattered hope. I clutched my hair in frustration and looked up at the bright, yellow sun.

“Why in the world is this happening to me?!” I yelled at no one. How the hell will I be able to find that park in this state?! After my frustration subsided, temporarily, I decided to take a short break and sat on a nearby bench. Not feeling very high-spirited at all, I just glared at the grey asphalt as if it was the most hateful thing ever.

How could a supposedly fun out-of-country trip become this wrong? Everything was going along as planned. We had an endless supply of delicious food, a special bus exclusively for our trip, and heck, we even had a private plane, all thanks to Eunnie, that insanely rich friend of ours! Everything was fine, until we made that stop over. Ugh. Just thinking about it makes me want to cry in frustration! How could they have forgotten about me?! Sure, I would’ve understood if they immediately returned after 5 or 10 minutes with amused faces saying, “Ha! We forgot about you. Our bad.” But for 30 minutes of not coming back? WHAT THE HELL??!!! I know there was about 11 or 12 of us and it’s hard to keep track of that much people, but still, WHAT THE HELL?!!! And we were supposed to go to M-Countdown after lunch! Eunnie even promised me herself. She said it would be her reaaaaaaally late belated Valentines gift for me, so I can finally watch my favorite K-idols perform live, and even have the rare privilege of meeting them backstage! Oh how wonderful could that be! Maybe... maybe I could even meet my dream husband, Infinite’s Lee Sungjong.

I suddenly blushed at the idea. I brought my hands over my face to cover my tomato-colored cheeks, and unconsciously smiled as I continued my wee daydream. Just as I was near the climax of my exciting imaginary love story, where Sungjong was about to propose to me and marry me and have little Sungjong juniors running around, a strong wind suddenly blew, taking away the laid out map on my lap. It swirled and flapped in the air as I frantically chased after it, but it was just so high that I wasn’t able to grab it no matter how high I jumped. Curse my small height! Why did I have to be absent when God showered blessings of long legs?!

“Hey, come back!” I yelled as if it could hear me. But of course, it continued floating like the total troll it was, and just as I was about to give up chasing, it suddenly stopped as it slapped over the face of another person. He stumbled a few steps backward, before quickly regaining his balance and peeled off the stupid map off his face.

Mianheyo! Mianheyo, ahjussi!” I bowed so many times that I seriously thought my head was going to fall off. I was so embarrassed and afraid that I would be the one to ruin the image of foreigners in this country.

“Gwaenchanayo,” he softly said in a surprisingly soft voice, and with the little Korean I was knowledgeable of, I knew what he said was, “It’s alright.” I inwardly sighed in relief and finally looked up, but the map obstructed his face as he looked at it. “Seoul sajagayo?”

“I’m sorry?” I cringed as I feared he would scurry away, too, once he realizes I don’t understand much Hangul. He lowered the map in confusion to look at me, and his eyes widened as he saw my not-so-Korean face. And my eyes widened as I saw his face.