[The Legend of Zelda] Jacel Chemy - Forage

Name: Jacel Tan Chemy

Gender: Male

Age: 21

Relations:
Irene (mother)
Maple (grandmother)

Appearance: Jacel takes after his mother's appearance in many ways. He has very dark hair that is blue, though most people see it as black. His skin is mild; not tan, not pale, but exactly in the middle, with a couple of small spots here or there. His eyes are a dark green, "close to colour as a shadowy forest," as his grandmother describes. He has a tall and strong build, not scrawny, though not fully muscular, either.

Personality: Jacel is a polite person who enjoys seclusion. He is very concentrated and is great at sitting down and working on a task for hours on end. He doesn't dislike company, though he works much better alone. Jacel is very respectful and friendly, though he is not easy to befriend. While Jacel can speak with others easily, he has a hard time maintaining friendships, due to his secluded nature. If one wanted to become good friends with him, they'd have to put in considerable effort.

Skills: Jacel was born as the son to a witch, so he has weak magical powers; he can levitate small objects towards him, and can inflict temporary spells upon others, such as drowsiness and paralysis. Jacel is talented in potion-making, and has knowledge in various creature's anatomy. He knows the purposes of most plants in Hyrule.

Backstory: Jacel lived a rather secluded life, growing up under the safe care of his mother and grandmother. His father was a knight for Hyrule's army, and was killed in a training accident days before Jacel's birth. For this reason, Jacel felt the need to grow up quickly so that he could support his mother. He grew very responsible at a young age, and began to take over a number of chores from his mother, such as trading for supplies in Kakariko Village and occasionally foraging for alchemy ingredients.

At eighteen, Jacel decided to move out of his home with Irene and Maple and live in Kakariko Village. He still visited near everyday and supported them as best he could, though it was unecessary; Irene could still work. She insisted that he find a job closer to his home and begin working for a profit, so Jacel began working at the Cucco Ranch near the village, and using his money to buy ingredients for potions, which he in turn sold to passersby.

Although living a content life, Jacel craved an adventure. He loved the idea of exploration, and had always wondered about worlds other than his own. His mother had told him of a kingdom of sea, and a realm of endless night, and he dreamed that, one day, someone would come to be his gateways to those different lands.

Fears/Shortcomings:
Jacel does not have any training in combat. He is used to putting any prey to sleep or injecting it with poison to kill it. He has, however, always loved the idea of fighting with a spear.
He has a desperate fear of heights, due to Irene almost dropping him from her broom when he was a child.
He only has one friend, and that was the girl working at the Cucco Ranch. Other than her, he has no real allies.

Jacel was at peace.

He was in the outer Lost Woods, walking around the forest with a small basket. Within the basket were clumps of glowing herbs and fungi, all of which he planned to use in a relatively large batch of stealth potion. With all of the new desire to capture lizards living in Hyrule, many children in Kakariko Village had come to him with requests, and Jacel was happy to comply.

He was shaken from his state of mind as the cry of a Bokoblin shook the forest. A figure appeared in the trees and, before he was able to react, crashed directly into Jacel. The Bokoblin hurried over and stuck its pig-like face in Jacel's, raising its poorly-crafted club over him. Before the monster could attack, however, the figure next to Jacel had grabbed his basket and swung it at the beast. It then leapt up and killed the monster with its real weapon.

Jacel could now see the figure in focus. It reached an arm down to him.

"You alright there?" it asked. Jacel took it slowly and stood up. Who was this person?

Requirements

- A Link Between Worlds era