Chapter 6: Light and Darkness

(y/n) finally woke up to find herself in a place she cannot recognize. The last thing she could remember was... what was it? Oh, right. She finds out that Izana was just playing with her feelings so she left the room and went to the garden where she found a strange angel statue and decided to stay there to cry.

What happened after that? She couldn't remember it clearly so she decided to ignore it.

'I don't think it's something really important to remember...' she thought. She was about to left the bed when the door opened and a man walked inside the room. She turned her head to see who it was but she never expected to see him. Was she still dreaming? She cannot believe it. Are her eyes playing with her?

—(y/n)...— Arthur called out her name with his gentle voice and walked close to the bed. He places his hand in one of her cheeks and lifts her face. —You didn't change at all (y/n). You're still so beautiful just like the last time I see you...— he smiled while with his thumb he touched her lips.

—Arthur... is it really you? — The way he talk and even how he acts was really like Arthur so she was confused.

—Yeah, it's me— he answered.

—So I'm dead...—

—No, you...— Arthur was about to tell her the truth but decided to use that thought of her in his favor. —Yes, that's right. You are dead. When you decided to stop at the angel's statue you fall asleep and Izana took advantage of that and killed you— He lied to her. He was thinking about erasing her memory or brainwash her to keep her at his side but if she thinks she is already dead, he can save time.

She didn't looks surprised by those words, contrary, she seemed to agree with them. If Izana was just playing with her, then her life was no longer worthy to keep so he decided to kill her for the sake of his beloved fiancé.

(y/n) takes Arthur's hand and pulls it more close to her. Arthur climbed on the bed and lay down close to her just like in the past. She snuggled into his chest while the man hugged her.

'How could I be so naïve? Izana... you... played with me and my feelings and then killed me. Even if I'm dead now, I swear I'll make you pay for what you have done...' she swore before falling asleep again but now between Arthur arms.

~Meanwhile~

Percival and Sirius went to the guest room to ask Izana about his decision but for more that they knock the door there was no answer from Izana so they decided to enter anyway. Once in the room, they find the prince unconscious in the floor and at his side, the empty vial that the oracle gave to him.

—Oh?! So he really decided to sacrifice his humanity in order to save her? This is really a surprise— Percival commented trying to wake him.

—Was it to save her, or to live more years than average?—Sirius added.

—Well... that can justify why he fell unconscious. Or is he probably dead? Now that I think about it, this isn't the potion what will turn you into one of us if your heart is devoted to the empress or kill you if you want to use it for your purposes?—

—Yeah, it is. The oracle didn't mention it to the prince. Do you think he's dead now?—

—I don't know. Let's wait for a moment and see if he wakes or no— both of them sit over the bed waiting to see what Izana decided at the moment he drink the potion. They waited for a bit but he didn't seem to wake up. Sirius stands up from the bed to go close to the prince and shakes him a bit to see if he got a reaction from the blonde or no.